• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE NVIDIA Announces Titan RTX: Business Up Front, Party in Back!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Today, NVIDIA has announced its latest release using the Turing architecture with its Titan RTX. This follows the heels of the Quadro RTX that was announced in August. NVIDIA positions the card more for the prosumer than a consumer/gaming card but will still manage to be the fastest card most can buy. The Titan RTX will cost $2499 and will be available later this month.

Click here to view the article.

Nice! Do you get to review one? I'm trying to imagine a guy in Taiwan shipping out $2500 VGAs for people to beat up and criticize. LOL

NOt sure. I have reached out to NVIDIA, but, we don't really have the proper testing for it... It would just be games... which, this isn't really for gamers (but it can be used without worry as its on the Geforce driver stack).

Oh man I’m laughing extra hard at all of the morons who claimed the 2080ti is as overpriced as it is because it replaced the Titan.

AMD we neeeeed youuuuu!

I would be upset too if it was cheaper than the previous generation Titan (Titan V - $3K) and performed better (outside of Double Precision) than it. Though DP is just borked here, but as I am reading, it doesn't seem that much will utilize it in the prosumer space (some physics calcs etc...) and those that can, are likely enterprise and better served with Quadros and their support anyway.

The tensor and RT cores just take things to a different level and have affected pricing. That and nothing in the high-end space from AMD

I would be upset too if it was cheaper than the previous generation Titan (Titan V - $3K) and performed better (outside of Double Precision) than it. Though DP is just borked here, but as I am reading, it doesn't seem that much will utilize it in the prosumer space (some physics calcs etc...) and those that can, are likely enterprise and better served with Quadros and their support anyway.

The tensor and RT cores just take things to a different level and have affected pricing. That and nothing in the high-end space from AMD

I hope AMD is able to step to the plate this round of GPUs, particularly in the high-end landscape. I currently can't justify purchasing a 2080Ti as there are no other comparisons from AMD and they are sure to be releasing new products with in the next year and with the benefit of already knowing what the competition has to bring to the table for probably the next 2+ years. The RTX Titan's existence does make me laugh a little, as many claimed the 2080Ti's high price was due to it replacing the Titan series cards this round.

Back