• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.92v aircooling with P4 2767MHz(Too Much Voltage??)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclocker456

Here's the story I have a P4 1.6A at 2767MHz using 1.92v (actual) and 2.00v in bios. I'm using the Alpha 8942 cooler with a 50CFM Fan. The chip never goes past 55C full load.. The question is this, do you think running this chip at 1.92v is safe? or am I going to kill it within mouths? Does anyone else have a similar voltage with aircooling? and if so what are your temps... What do you think the max voltage should be for air cooling? thanks for listening..

Overclocker456 said:
Here's the story I have a P4 1.6A at 2767MHz using 1.92v (actual) and 2.00v in bios. I'm using the Alpha 8942 cooler with a 50CFM Fan. The chip never goes past 55C full load.. The question is this, do you think running this chip at 1.92v is safe? or am I going to kill it within mouths? Does anyone else have a similar voltage with aircooling? and if so what are your temps... What do you think the max voltage should be for air cooling? thanks for listening..

I think if it si stable then go with it and cooling temps are within reason. They are on Copper you know. They can take the extra heat and vcore.

I just wanted to share with you that woofer from ocau has fried a northie at 1.9V - and certainly not through temperature as he is using a vapochill. Bear in mind that you are running a significant increase in terms of percentage, and electromigration is a function of voltage, not temperature.

am at 1.82v with my p41.6a temps are 53 load..i need more voltage trying to get to 3Ghz did u use the wire trick?

I was able to get up to 2.1v without any tricks at all. I have the Asus P4B266 and it has a "special" Test Bios that allows all voltages to be used on a northwood. So I have all settings to my disposal. It's test bios 1006..

P4B266 and Nothwood

Overclocker456 said:
I was able to get up to 2.1v without any tricks at all. I have the Asus P4B266 and it has a "special" Test Bios that allows all voltages to be used on a northwood. So I have all settings to my disposal. It's test bios 1006..

Where do i get this Beta Bios ???

HEY harlequin, make sure you unplug your Speaker from your Motherboard because after you pass about 1.85v in the bios setting the speaker will beep, just unplug it before you start.. and remember the bios voltage is never the actual voltage.. use the asus probe for actual readings, for example to get 1.85v you have to set up the bios to 1.92v.. good luck.. lemme know how it turns out..

P4B266

Hi all. Thanx for the quick replys :)

Im sadly at work right now - so I have to get back to you all with the results. Right now its running 1.8@2400 1.65V - looks stable enough, but Im eager to get it up to 2600 and and stable....

Installing XP on it - and it went down 2 times once spontanboot and the other with bluescreen. Uncool when installing hehe.

Overclocker456 said:
HEY harlequin, make sure you unplug your Speaker from your Motherboard because after you pass about 1.85v in the bios setting the speaker will beep, just unplug it before you start.. and remember the bios voltage is never the actual voltage.. use the asus probe for actual readings, for example to get 1.85v you have to set up the bios to 1.92v.. good luck.. lemme know how it turns out..

luv ya man! lol .. I will see if I can hit 3.5 now! .. I was looking all over for this bios! .. Thanks a million :)

pacino said:

luv ya man! lol .. I will see if I can hit 3.5 now! .. I was looking all over for this bios! .. Thanks a million :)
you need to read more on the forums, because virtual pc's posted that they had the flash for you like a week ago. good luck at 3.5, and answer you private messages. what kind of power supply do you have?

You're all very welcome..by the way.. why would you pay $725 for Vapochill to hit 3.1GHz?? isn't spending $725 on cooling a little bit crazy.. I would love to have one myself.. but not for $725.. we overclock to save money?? right? but maybe you have dough and don't care about it, you just wanted 3GHz.. looks good..

Overclocker456 said:
You're all very welcome..by the way.. why would you pay $725 for Vapochill to hit 3.1GHz?? isn't spending $725 on cooling a little bit crazy.. I would love to have one myself.. but not for $725.. we overclock to save money?? right? but maybe you have dough and don't care about it, you just wanted 3GHz.. looks good..

I always wondered why it was that I OC'd:D Man saving money sure is expensive:D

Overclocker456 said:

It's not about overclocking only, the case/cooling system "overall" look awesome :)

jdmcnudgent said:
you need to read more on the forums, because virtual pc's posted that they had the flash for you like a week ago. good luck at 3.5, and answer you private messages. what kind of power supply do you have?

oops :) .. I don't think this flash works on P4b266-C .. can't even O/C with 1mhz over 2200mhz LOL! .. I'll check ma Pm's now..

P4B266 - 1800@2600

Hey all.

Gonna stop here. 2600mhz on a northwood 1.8ghz. Mind you I only have the "In-a-box" cooler :)

Thanx for the help guys.

200mb from eating rambus RAM also. It really kicks *** now.

Re: P4B266 - 1800@2600

harlequin said:
Hey all.

Gonna stop here. 2600mhz on a northwood 1.8ghz. Mind you I only have the "In-a-box" cooler :)

Thanx for the help guys.

200mb from eating rambus RAM also. It really kicks *** now.

should have gone with the 1.6a...always the better Ocer..

score.JPG

Back