• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1 computer to multiple terminals?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Burning Phoenix

I heard there was a pci card that could be installed in one computer and be used as if it were many. Alls you would need is 1 computer , that special PCI card , more than one monitor , more than one keyboard and more than one mouse. Has anyone heard of it and do you know of any links towards this product?

I remember it, it was called sharedware, there was an isa model with cirrus logic graphics and a pci model with a s3 savage chip and sound. I'll try find a link

The place i saw it advertised was TigerDirect catalogue and it only gave a vague description. I want details and not anything from tigerdirect.

Anyone know if there is some new tech for doing this?
I had to build two computers to serve two people.. wish I could have used one computer with two monitors/keyboards, ect but didnt have a clue how!

-Trek

I couldn't get any specs on that site for that unit. It seems like only one user ata time though for it and i want a setup where 2 users can run the 1 computer simultaneously.

I'd call them to find out for sure. That's the bad thing about Cyberguys - skimpy product descriptions. It would be kind of pointless if you could only use one at a time. I've see these sold elsewhere for the exact purpose you want. I'll go see if I can remember where else I saw them and post it.

Back