• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

120mm Fan collection picture thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ehume, where do you get these san aces from, esp. the 9S1212P4M011? It looks quiet and PWM-equipped.

It's "only" 130mA and 1850rpm / 24dB, so I wouldn't be mad daft on PWM tbh. In fact, I think PWM on low speed/low noise fans is sacrilege. :D

ehume, where do you get these san aces from, esp. the 9S1212P4M011? It looks quiet and PWM-equipped.

I got an inquiry from Tonar.com. Puzzling, really. Look at our stuff, they said. I looked and discovered the 9S1212P4M011's. Eight of them. I could buy one, two, four or eight for the same price: they had over-ordered and their customer didn't need the last eight. So I got 'em, sleeved 'em and put plugs on. Two of them are on my Mugen 2 as I write this. They're comparable to GT AP-15's but they're PWM so my mb can control them.

It's "only" 130mA and 1850rpm / 24dB, so I wouldn't be mad daft on PWM tbh. In fact, I think PWM on low speed/low noise fans is sacrilege. :D

Ah, but the ability to become silent on idle . . .

So tonight I grabbed some shots of my current 120x38mm collection. The 120x25mm collection is too large.

What do I do with them? My hobby is testing fans.

so, miscellaneous 120x38mm fans, with two 5-inch fans on 120x120mm frames:

120x38mmroguesgallery00.png

Four Ultra Kaze's:

My current collection of 120x38mm San Aces:

...<snip>...

What do I do with them? My hobby is testing fans.

C'mon Ehume, admit it in the public, that ain't hobby anymore, thats a clear sign that you're being enslaved psychologically and physically to a habit that keeps on collecting good fans. :D

Oh yeah, me too :D, and believe the same as many other fellows here. :chair:

They look so amazing, oh yeah, I'm sure you can feel the jealousy ambient when people like me seeing that collection. LOL :D .. j/k

Thanks for the conntribution, just love it. :thup:

If you haven't tried it, try stacking a few of the fans that have the airflow redirecting vanes on the exhaust side of things.
I stacked a pair of va450dc(3.3a) fans and a delta 252cfm.
Holy *#&^%, it was wiiiiiiild. I recommend it!

Don't leave any papers nearby, they'll either cease to be nearby or get inhaled and cease to exist. The suction on the intake of that stack was really something.

C'mon Ehume, admit it in the public, that ain't hobby anymore, thats a clear sign that you're being enslaved psychologically and physically to a habit that keeps on collecting good fans. :D

Oh yeah, me too :D, and believe the same as many other fellows here. :chair:

They look so amazing, oh yeah, I'm sure you can feel the jealousy ambient when people like me seeing that collection. LOL :D .. j/k

Thanks for the conntribution, just love it. :thup:

My wife put a stop to the collecting . . . for now. But when people offer to send me fans, how can I stop that? :cool:

If you haven't tried it, try stacking a few of the fans that have the airflow redirecting vanes on the exhaust side of things.
I stacked a pair of va450dc(3.3a) fans and a delta 252cfm.
Holy *#&^%, it was wiiiiiiild. I recommend it!

Don't leave any papers nearby, they'll either cease to be nearby or get inhaled and cease to exist. The suction on the intake of that stack was really something.

Sounds like great fun.

this is all I've got:rain:

25mm thickness

97fqtnmgx2cebbds0tn8.jpg

wu7alo82yh98qu33nnu0.jpg

38mm madness:drool:

m7yhrvbmonsz0gfrenpm.jpg

gkp9dolsk7zpqd7i5k7e.jpg

and this is my favorite one:clap:

vbj1wcftbb6xfdt6oolq.jpg

rg1o35cx4eqiq7un0w7q.jpg

Here are all my available 120mm fans - I also have three in my rig (psu, case, cpu) and three pieces of utter crap which don't deserve the attention from my camera:

Fourteen are 38mm (of which 7 are PWM), and the remaining seven are 25mm.

:thup:

allfans.jpg

inVain, why you fav the pabst? What's special with 'em?

LennyRhys, i like your pic, stylish when you need a wideangle view on them all.

:D cheers guys. I should take some pics with my 17mm lens for some serious distorted perspective and a very dramatic POWA look ahha.

@ inVain, the blue fans are Xilence Red Wing which I painted blue LOL

inVain, why you fav the pabst? What's special with 'em?

At the same noise level, the papst done the job better than my Delta PFC1212DE.
While spinning at its full speed, I can hardly feel any vibration from the fan, even when I hold in on my hand.

The last reason will be very subjective, but I can handle the noise of this papst better than the PFC when they running at their full speed. :)

@ inVain, the blue fans are Xilence Red Wing which I painted blue LOL

ah, at first glance....I really thought that they're Delta AFB....
nice job with the paint :thup:

Thought I'd post my collection (the ones not in use anyway).

View attachment 102036
Front row: 2x Cooler Master A12025-12CB-3BN-F1/DF1202512SELN ~40-45CFM rating
Bottom row: 4x Yate Loon D12SM-12~70CFM, 1x Yate Loon D12SH-12 (88CFM), 1x Cooler Master Sickle Flow Blue (A12025-20RB-3BN-F1/DF1202512RFUN) (70CFM)
Top row: 6x Young Lin Tech DFS122512M (reported airflow varies depending upon where you look, I've seen everything from sixty-five to eighty-five CFM, actual airflow of mine feels closer to a D12SH-12 than a D12SM-12 though) Without having a anemometer it's difficult to say their actual airflow. The feeling of greater airflow probably has something to do with the fact that these have spoon-like blades on the fans where as the D12SM-12 has a straight-blade design, allowing them to push more air, and actually they look much more similar to the D12SH-12 as well (though the D12SH-12's blades have an even greater spoon shape to them).

Not pictured:
3 more Cooler Master Sickle Flow Blue's
1 more Cooler Master A12025-12CB-3BN-F1/DF1202512SELN
2 Cooler Master Excalibur's (85 CFM)
3 Zalman ZM1225ASL

Oh and I checked with JouJye, they're the OEM on their 120x38mm fans.

Oh and I checked with JouJye, they're the OEM on their 120x38mm fans.

Does that JoyJye's sound profile similar to the Delta and Nidec of yours especially at low speed say < 2000 rpm or < 1000rpm ?

Of course its purely subjective, but since I have that Delta and Nidec fans too, I think I can trust you through your ears. :D

Ed, what happens if you stack all four of those PWM fans and control them as one.....does the stacking effect continue to build?

The Joujye has an annoying motor noise at rpms above the bare minimum to run and below ~2k. Right around 2k or so it smooths out, but there is a fair amount of airflow noise.

I don't know Miah, I need to build a pressure box and test static pressure with all the fans, it's on the list of things to do. The noise they make stacked is incredible.

Back