• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1240mhz and rising

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ebola

Senior Toilet Scrubber
damn you guys need to buy one of these p3 1000e chips.
i just booted up at 1240 mhz. this thing is amazing.

my p3 700 cBO really is hurting now. The most stable speed is 805. I know taht I damaged it but there is nothing I can do now it once posted at 135fsb that was a thrill!

"damn you guys need to buy one of these p3 1000e chips.
i just booted up at 1240 mhz. this thing is amazing."

Which chip are you talking about, the Slot 1 1000E PentiumIII (retail box) or the FC-PGA 1000E (OEM only) that ENPC is selling?

FC-PGA 1000E (OEM only) that ENPC is selling

its cdo stepping and yup i got it from enpc.

everything (games, 3Dmark, Prime95 etc) running stable at 1240mhz?

yup everything is stable. i've been running folding @ home for the past two days and the computer hasn't crashed or locked up once.

will you try 133MHz FSB soon?? I can't wait to know if your CPU will do 1,33GHz, because I'm thinking of getting one of these 1GHz P3s with 100MHz FSB and cD0-stepping.
This would be a GREAT overclock with a P3.

Regards

Ingo

What is the brand of your slocket and what type of cooling are u using for ur cpu?

Thanks.

i have an iwill slotkit II. my heatsink is an alpha pal 6035 with a sanyo denki 3500rpm fan.

i have pc100 ram so it might not be possible for me to get 133. i have yet to try.

I just ordered one of these CPUs from ENPC yesterday for my Asus CUSL2-C. I am glad to hear that someone hit 1240 with one. I am currently using Crucial 133MHz RAM, and am definitely going to try to hit 1333. I won't receive the CPU until Monday, but I'll let you know how things go.

BTW, Ebola, do you have any benchmarks that you can provide comparing the chip at 1000 and 1240. Thanks in advance :)!

Ebola said:
i think i paid like $165 plus shipping.

http://www.enpc.com

also look at http://www.pricewatch.com

i think i need some new memory.
I have the same problem even though mine is 133 it's generic and I won't even begin to waste time doing serious overclocks. I'm glad to see Intel finally putting up a fight for us who want the confidence that having the best Quality processor gives. Just had to insert that.

Last edited:
I cannot believe it! I just got my new P3 1GHz with 100MHz FSB today, and I am extremely pleased. As I write you, I am running at 1333MHz, and my CPU temp is the same as my old 733MHz P3 was. I have played Deus Ex and Unreal (original) with absolutely no lock-ups. Those are the only games I have tested so far.

I am using the fan that came with a retail boxed P3 (so, nothing special) with Arctic Silver II. I did have to increase the CPU voltage to 1.80. At the default 1.75, I experienced lock-ups while booting.

The strange thing is that I can only use this CPU in my CUSL2-C if I set the FSB:SDRAM to 133:133. I tried using 100:100 per the CPU's specifications, but absolutely no 3D accelerated programs would work; they all locked up. I imagine that there are some BIOS compatibility issues with this CPU at other FSB:SDRAM settings. Therefore, if you have a CUSL2-C and are planning on getting one of these CPUs, then you must overclock it to 1333MHz.

Here is an image of my Sandra 2001te score:

Back