• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1700+ Tbred-a question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AcidBurn52383

right now, im running 150 FSB x 11 @ 1.85 core voltage with a 1700+ Tbred-A core... and i would like to know how to up the voltage to around 2.0 or 2.05 volts. my mainboard is a Biostar M7VIT non-pro and the only overclock options it has is the FSB so I cant up the voltage in the bios. The highest ive been able to reach voltage wise is 1.85 by modding the L11 bridges but that is the highest i can get by modding the cpu core.

also.. something odd... ive said this before, but the 13.5 and 13x pin mods dont work for me... with the wires in the socket, it just boots at 11x but before that, it would boot at 12.5 due to modified L3 bridges. as a matter of fact.. i havnt found a pin mod that has worked for me yet....

but anyway, my main thing is the voltage. if i can increase it, i very well may be able to up my FSB to 160 and still be stable. now, when i up it over 154, windows 2000 pro will not boot. it says it has a file missing or corrupt.

anyway... please help if you can..

-AcidBurn-

You cant up the vcore through the cpu past 1.85V - the only way you may be able to increase it is through a vmod on your mobo itself - so you may have a better chance of getting an answer in the mobo section as these potential vmods are mobo specific.

Back