• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1800T-Bred?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
D

Dragon_Engineer2

I know the 2200,2400,2600 etc....come unlocked on the kt400s and can be unlocked via the 5th bridge on the L3.But what about the new 1700 and 1800 t-breds?Can they be unlocked the same way or do you need to unlock on the traces on the L3 still?

Thats excellent!I was planing on just building a game server (single chip)using a 1600 but now hmmm.

I have a 1800Tbred coming in on thursday so i will post and tell you how it does.

the 1800+ have the AIUGA stepping which does better than the 1700+ which have AIRGA, RIRGA, and RIWGA steppings.

This would be great news and will save me from buying a new mother board.Since I have the prometeia coming in on the 25th I'll use my current cooling with a 1800 in my new server.

Re: Is the 1800+

[OC]Lucifer said:
A TBred B?
nope, theyre tbred A's

I'm waiting for the B, itll have a different model number and be 1.6V, definitely a better overclocker.

FYI, most older motherboards are unable to manipulate the multipliers on the Tbreds without any mods. If you got a newer KT400 board then all the multipliers will become available.

sounds good to me I have two kt-400 boards

hallen said:
1700 TB comes unlocked 6.5 ~ 12.5.

Only catch is default vcore is 1.5v and most boards only give you up to 1.7V.

What if someone wanted to run a TBird or Palomino stock on one of these? those are 1.75 vcore.... it's gotta go at least that high....

My KT-400 Dragon allows up to 1.85 and my Asus A7V8x has the over volt option up to 2.05

SickBoy said:

What if someone wanted to run a TBird or Palomino stock on one of these? those are 1.75 vcore.... it's gotta go at least that high....

Well some boards only allow you do go 0.2v above default, so if you have a cpu with a default of 1.75v, then up to 1.95v will become available.

Back