• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

19" 8ms

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the only thing that worries me about this monitor is that it has only 18-bit colors naturally... I heard that this doesn't affect games but watching movies it can become visible.

To be able to tell if 18-bit colors was a problem for my eyes at all, could I compare my CRT to my laptop screen? I mean is there a way I can find out what panel was used on my laptop? Because quite honestly it is pretty good, I see very little to no ghosting in games and colors seem very clear and vibrant.

after not getting a response from my first email, i sent a second to a different hyundai csr who promptly confirmed the 8ms response time. i hope you guys don't buy newegg out before i can convince the woman that life will end if i don't get this monitor!

Alright, I jsut got it, I've been playing around with it for about a half hour now, and I am amazed. I can't find one dead pixel, I'm not seeing any of the backlighting issues I was worried about, I tested it out in HL2 and saw no ghosting whatsoever. The buttons kinda suck, but I don't plan on using them much. If I were to just go by first impressions, this is on the top of my list of computer upgrades. It is so much bigger than my 17" CRT, and takes up like 1/3 of the space. I can notice the color difference, but only if I put my face 1" from the screen and look at each pixel. There is a little difference, but it sure as hell isn't enough to make me worry about it. I'm going to go look at a movie now, and I'll see how the colors look during that. So to summarize: I LOVE IT!!!

w00t! Good to hear bounty, thanks a lot for the review! Tell us how a DVD or two is!

I think every LCD you can see the color difference that close to the screen.

BTW, what do you mean by sucky buttons? They're flimsy or loose or something? If you have a digi-cam, take a few pics, I'd love to see it up close. I'm definitely going to order this bad boy tomorrow! xD

Whoops, sorry about not explaining that. Theyre on the bottom part of the monitor, so you push them up, and theyre just like, bulges that you push in. theyre not a seperate part, its just like, a thinner plastic w/ a button underneath. You cant even see the buttons if you're looking right at the screen. One other thing I like is the LED for the monitor is blue, it compliments my case and lights and everything rather nice. I am still in awe of this monitor, I'm so happy I bought it. I was so nervous I would get a bunch of dead pixels or have some issue with it, but I am extremely happy with my purchase. I'm not too sure of this shimmering that I've been reading about, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

On the underside? That's not so bad I s'pose, low-profile and out of the way I s'pose. I don't plan on purchasing the monitor for the buttons alone. xD

Thanks again for the review bounty. We all appreciate it, myself included.

I just checked out that twinkling thing, with the blue/white/black color gradients. I saw some curves, but they were very hard for me to see, I had to really be looking for them.

*subscribe*

I want to know everyone else's opinions on these suckers, too :)

Saruji said:
so what fps would it get with 8ms speeds?

The maximum number of "frames" an 8ms panel could get is 125 I believe, because it.. updates, refreshes, w/e you want to call it, a maximum of once every 8ms, and there 1000ms in a second, so... 1000/8=125, which is twice as much as a 16ms panel, which is 1000/16=62.5

(If this is wrong just yell at me and point me to where I can find the right information :beer: )

And one more note I have about the monitor: This is my first LCD, so I might be a little spoiled and not notice some things that veteran LCD users do.

Yeah, same here bounty, I doubt I'll notice anything besides dead pixel(s)... which I hopefully wont get. crimedog said that the IQ isn't as good as his ViewSonic but as I've never owned an LCD, I doubt I'll notice it. I hope it'll better than my dual 19" Trinitrons.

micamica1217 said:
I'll bet that they will update the price tomorrow because we want it.
inflated ofcourse...$#@&*%$ price gougers :mad:

mica

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=24-179-014&depa=0

I @%&*%$@!# hate newegg....if you think they'er not watching us, your crazy.

that's it, I'm not buying today...I was going to get a new burner from them too.
that would be over $450.00 total....do they realy need the $10.00 that bad?

crap, we refer peeps to them, we spend our food money on them, and this is how we are treated?
this was $10.00 cheaper just yesterday...they are watching us. :mad:

mica

P.S. an NEC 19" CRT I was looking at yesterday also just went up by $10.00.

Back