• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

19" 8ms

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
MonroeM said:
Yeah, same here bounty, I doubt I'll notice anything besides dead pixel(s)... which I hopefully wont get. crimedog said that the IQ isn't as good as his ViewSonic but as I've never owned an LCD, I doubt I'll notice it. I hope it'll better than my dual 19" Trinitrons.

actually i had to amend that post because i realized my resolution had been messed with in game :( the quality is just as good as the viewsonic, but the response time doesn't seem as good. it plays like a 12ms 17" not quite as good as an 8ms 17".

Still seems to be a great monitor. Thanks for your opinion, crimedog :)

OMFG! Sons'a *******! I can't believe they inflated the price like that. Arrgh!

EDIT: calling right now to get it back down... for me at least. : pissed:

EDIT: No go, talked a to a crep named Howard, he said that they don't price competetively or on the demand of the monitor. Supposedly they price based on what the unit is worth.

BS... I'm still buying it though. >=\

Last edited:
MonroeM said:
OMFG! Sons'a *******! I can't believe they inflated the price like that. Arrgh!

EDIT: calling right now to get it back down... for me at least. : pissed:

EDIT: No go, talked a to a crep named Howard, he said that they don't price competetively or on the demand of the monitor. Supposedly they price based on what the unit is worth.

BS... I'm still buying it though. >=\

I can't believe your going to buy it for $410.00 and $12.00 shipping... :eek:

if we don't take a stand now, newegg will do this on everything.

(hey, I can get you the same LCD for $430.00 plus $12.00 shipping...you want it? LOL)

mica

I just got off the phone with Mark at newegg, asking why the price changed twice today....
stating clearly that the price yesterday was never a sale price.

he was nice and kind, putting me on hold twice (briefly) to find out any info about this.
after he came back the 2nd time, he stated to me...

"newegg's prices are subject to change at any time"

yes, he was just covering his backside.

it almost seems that the more an item is ordered or viewed the price goes up automaticly.
don't belive me, try it yourself.

mica

Wow, I've never heard of this newegg price changing deal. :mad: I should've jumped on this faster.

I found the L90D+ at a site called The Boyz Biz for $390 with $10 basic UPS shipping. $20 cheaper than Newegg at the moment...

Yeah mica, I think it's pretty BS too, I just want to jump on it before it goes up even MORE. Bastards. :mad:

I'll check on the Boyz Biz... I don't know though, I think even though Newegg is lame w/ the price thing, everyone has said they've received no dead pixels. I'd pay a little more for Newegg's return policy and a quality product.

EDIT: Yeesh. =\ w/ only 3 ratings, I don't know about TheBoyz.biz.

this is one of two 8ms monitors available at newegg, this one is bigger, has better reviews, and is only a little bit more than the 17". it just exploded, and newgg's software increases price when stock goes down, so there ya go. i wouldn't be too upset about it or take it personally, it just means you are late and it's selling out.

Wow, I knew newegg screwed with prices, but that is amazing... I'm extrememly happy I got in before they jacked up the price, if it was this much when I was buying I think I probably woulda gone w/ the BenQ 19" monitor. But yeah, it definitely sucks what they're doing. :bang head

It's now $43 more than what I paid, and that was one week ago :rolleyes:

crimedog said:
this is one of two 8ms monitors available at newegg, this one is bigger, has better reviews, and is only a little bit more than the 17". it just exploded, and newgg's software increases price when stock goes down, so there ya go. i wouldn't be too upset about it or take it personally, it just means you are late and it's selling out.

when items are selling out a retailer normaly lowers the price to clear out it's inventory for new items...or to reorder stock.
going up by $30.00 in just one day doesn't help them make money from me.

I just ordered from xpcgear.com for $360.00 plus 20.54 shipping....
that's $41.46 less then newegg. with only a one or two day extra wait for it.
($381.53)

now how does newegg's price gouging help newegg or me again...
if anything they (newegg) should take this personaly. :attn:

mica

Last edited:
i think their rational is that it helps to keep them in stock longer while they're waiting for more... plus they can make more money if it's a hot item.

Tell us how it fairs, Mica. I just ordered from Newegg. I hope I don't eat my words about the no dead pixels thing. =(

It's still less than other 19" monitors I s'pose.

Yeah, I'm anxious to hear if that place is alright. I'd be afraid of dead pixels or something. I'm just picky about who I buy from. Newegg has officially pissed me off though.

Does one reseller compared to another have really any control over the quality of LCDs that they receive. i.e. is it logical to think that Newegg stands a better chance to deliever dead-pixel-free LCDs than store X?

Back