• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.4A Users and ocers.. need some info

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krowa 02

My 2.6C is pissing me off, and I dont know if its my board.. so being a college student im going to cheaply replace it and I wish to run a 2.4A Pressy at 200fsb since I cant get this 2.6c to run at 250 and I dont know if its the board or cpu.

I just need some temp and speed info. I am hoping to get this thing to run at around 3600 and get the fsb at 200 since I have pc3200.

Im running a IC7 and I have an SP94(whichever the 120mm fan one is) and I will make a duct mod and increase my airflow significantly before I put the pressy in.

Again any help or info would be great. I need to decide in this project asap.

Seems like for some reason the 2.6C was not a good overclocker (on average... there are a few exceptions of course). I've seen lots of folks that couldn't make 250 FSB with them. But, there is no guarantee that a 2.4A will do 200 FSB either. With a Prescott you need good cooling and going from a 2.6C to a 2.4A you will lose hyperthreading and FSB speed. I realize you are on a tight budget, but perhaps watch the classifieds and try to find a cheap 2.8C or 3.0C that overclocks decent that someone is selling because they upgraded.

Im running an AI7 for about 6 weeks and have been gradually been burning in my 2.6 Im at 245fsb atm and from 230 onwards it was crashing after half an hour of gaming, I've upped the vcore to 1.6 and that seems to have sorted it out but temps are at 40c and 50c under load. Im running stock cooling but as soon as i clean out the water cooling kit ill put it back on and push for the 250fsb

I just sold off my 2.4A. I could reach 2.8 GHz on air. It ran hot, benched slow, and "felt" slow. I was underwhelmed.

cant seem to get the 250 stable. ive upped the vcore to 1.7 Now able to run 3dmark01 on loop for 2 hours no prob. temps 45c and 53c full load
It definitley seems quicker as ive devided me pc3200XMS at 5:4 so hitting 250 means that ram is at 200. fingers crossed

See sig, I love this little guy, but now I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a 3.4e, but don't have the time to redesign a mounting bracket for lga775.

Guess this chip isnt for me. Ill monitor the classifieds for the next week or so. Dont know my budget situation yet anyway, gotta borrow some $$ to go along with whatever money I have left.

Back