• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.4c m0 seems to be unstable with overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
vinny77 said:
i did memtest 86 on 3.3 ghx i couldent get it up to 3.5 idk whey i didnt have the patients but i ran it for 15 min and there was no errors

If you don't have the patience to wait, then you need to stop overclocking. Seriously. You will do a LOT more damage than good if you simply don't have the patience and just start running the machine as hard as you can. It would be something akin to not having the patience to change the oil in your car while running it pedal-to-the-floor every time you drive it.

Eventually, it's going to spin a main bearing and sieze the motor.

Same thing goes for your computer system. If you paid much attention to the CompTia classes in your signature, I would assume you already know what I'm telling you. There is a certain amount of time you must invest in order to assure proper operation of your system and it's different subcomponents.

If you don't have the time to spend, then you really should put everything back to stock speed and run it exactly as the manufacturer intended. When you buy parts, they are exhaustively tested at their rated speeds and are guaranteed to work there. If you personally want more, then you personally must put in the time to do your own testing to ensure they work.

The 2.4C that I have running at 3.45ghz in the background didn't START there, it started at 100% stock settings and worked it's way up. Of it's six-month lifespan, it's probably spent three whole weeks of it's life doing nothing but testing. That meant I had to play on my laptop for a while, or go work on the car, or go clean house, or whatnot while waiting. Same exact thing goes for the 3.0C in my signature...

But I waited. And so should you. :)

Albuquerque said:

If you don't have the patience to wait, then you need to stop overclocking. Seriously. You will do a LOT more damage than good if you simply don't have the patience and just start running the machine as hard as you can. It would be something akin to not having the patience to change the oil in your car while running it pedal-to-the-floor every time you drive it.

Eventually, it's going to spin a main bearing and sieze the motor.

Same thing goes for your computer system. If you paid much attention to the CompTia classes in your signature, I would assume you already know what I'm telling you. There is a certain amount of time you must invest in order to assure proper operation of your system and it's different subcomponents.

If you don't have the time to spend, then you really should put everything back to stock speed and run it exactly as the manufacturer intended. When you buy parts, they are exhaustively tested at their rated speeds and are guaranteed to work there. If you personally want more, then you personally must put in the time to do your own testing to ensure they work.

The 2.4C that I have running at 3.45ghz in the background didn't START there, it started at 100% stock settings and worked it's way up. Of it's six-month lifespan, it's probably spent three whole weeks of it's life doing nothing but testing. That meant I had to play on my laptop for a while, or go work on the car, or go clean house, or whatnot while waiting. Same exact thing goes for the 3.0C in my signature...

But I waited. And so should you. :)

I ment that at this time i dont have the time to do it and internet explorer still loads slow even at stock so i am not going to spend a few hrs trying to get it back up to 3.5. It is just not worth it to me.

But i understand and yes when i did first get it i spent over 3 hrs overclocking it

Three hours is still very little time to spend on properly overclocking a system, especially when talking about a near-50% speed increase. A 2.4C at 3.5ghz is 292 FSB, which is a 46% increase in speed. At those levels, you are fighting not only the CPU, but the motherboard, the memory, the powersupply and the individual cards you have plugged into the board.

There are multiple boards made from well-established name-brand manufacturers that have issues approaching those front side bus speeds. You're talking about a 46% overclock on the actual chipset as well if you think about it.

If you are still having slowness issues with your machine even at stock speeds, it may even be related to not installing the chipset software on your operating system. Both Windows2000 and WindowsXP require that you load the Intel Chipset.INF files for proper utilization of the 865/875 chipset and all the subcomponents therein (AGP port, IDE channels, etc)

Yes i tested each stick seperatly and both worked fine also ran memory benchmark in SiSoft and go 3700mb/s on each and 6200mb/s in dual channel mode

Back