• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.8C: How High?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alphy

Registered
Well I just ordered myself a 2.8C/Asus P4P800/2x256MB PC3500 Corsair Cas2/Swiftech MCX4000. All in all, not a bad setup however Im wondering how high have others taken their 2.8C's on air, is 3.5GHz a good goal? Also would it be wise to probaly put a nice 80MM Tornado on the MCX instead of their 70MM 30CFM YS tech fan?

I would say 3.5 gig is a very realistic goal with air cooling. I've been hearing good things about those 2.8C chips too. Planning on getting one to play with myself.

Heh, Im feeling pretty confident about all of this, I actually decided getting a 2.8C after reading TomsHardware review. Im a little wary however about all these FSB issues, I hope I dont hit a wall. : /

I have not heard of anyone having trouble until somewhere above 260 FSB and generally it's more in the 275 FSB ballpark. With the 14X multiplier of the 2.8C, even if you "only" make it to 260 FSB, that gives you 3.64 gig. Bro, I think your CPU will max out long before the mobo hits any wall.

Back