• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

220mhz FSB 8rda+ !!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zeke968

First I'd like to say thanks to EluSion, 8rda.com, and all of the others who have posted helpful information here.

By following your tips and adding a little cooling to the NB and SB I was able to hit 220mhz without the VDD mod!

:D :D

What's the highest fsb people are getting on this board without the vdd mod?

205, with a blue orb ON TOP of the northbridge heatsink, 200 stable with AS3 on northbridge and stock heatsink, rev1.1 A3 1.568vdd

what kind of cooling do you have on it Zeke968?

thinking of getting a SK6+ with a vantec stealth 60mm and epoxy it on the northbridge, what do you guys think?

I was able to hit 219 on my regular 8rda A3 with no vdd mod. With the Vdd mod the highest i have tried is 228.

I'm only able to hit a max of 182 stable so far. I was running pc2100 DDR and I just changed it top pc3200 tonight. Still hitting the same wall of 182 fsb. It looks like I'll have to do the VDD mod at this point. I own a 8rda+ ver 1.1 A3

I kept doing some more tests on my end and am now able to run at 190 fsb but had to bump up my vcore from 1.6v to 1.675v.

My temps have obviously gone up because of this. I have active cooling setup on my NB but have not yet setup passive cooling on my SB and mosfets. I'll need to get that done and see if it will help get me further.

Back