• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

*** 2nd Annual "March Madness" Folding Contest ***

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Stats Update!

Check out the Top Post LINK'D HERE.

Totals - Including All Participants

Total Points: 8,827,753

Total Work Units: 16,922

Total PPD Increase: 86,688.0

Lookin' good everyone!!! :) Please note that daylight savings time goes into effect tonight. Due to the stats upgrades Stanford has been going through I'm not sure exactly how this will effect their stats process. I'll just have to wait and see. Just be aware that the contest may end on Pacific Daylight Time in lieu of the scheduled Pacific Standard Time. What's an hour, eh? :D I will confirm the end time tomorrow afternoon once I have the latest stats dump.

thfoldon.gif

More crunching!

Guess who is not slated to take us over right now..............................!!!!

Stats Update!

Total Points: 13,283,304

Total Work Units: 25,122

Total PPD Increase: 9,1318.5

Ok, here's the deal on the the time change. Stanford has not changed their update times so the stats are still being run on Pacific Standard. That means the contest will do the same. I do want to inform everyone that the stats dumps I've been pulling are dated at 1:30 am PST. So the official contest start and end times will coincide with that time, 1:30 am PST. I will update the contest post to reflect those times. All that means is that the contest actually started 1 1/2 hours later than anticipated, and it will end 1 1/2 later than anticipated. No big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks again to everyone for participating!!! :beer: Go kick some MPC grass!!! :D

thfoldon.gif

Looks like this SMP and GPU are really doing some good. Normally this far into a folding contest, I would only have 5 WU's turned in if I was lucky on that old P4. But I also think the little one turned on my PS3 yesterday, which might have contributed to a little PPD bump. She has this thing about playing with the controllers like she's playing a game.

I finally got my setups churning out some decent PPD. I think im doing something wrong though. My i7 is only at 50% usage
5035808088.jpg

Albaholic, wont that 295 run multiple clients?

It does, but it gets really hot. (and I need something to plug into the HDMI port) Plus I just took a look at the log now and its not folding due to EUE. I don't even have this card overclocked. Anybody got any tips?

Edit: I found that I'm not the only one having this problem. I'll try disabling multi gpu mode and try again tomorrow when I can fire it back up again

Last edited:
You have RivaTuner installed? If so, make sure the fan on that card is set in the 90~100% range.

The i7 needs two more VMs to maximize it's HT capabilities, and PPD. ;) The q6600 looks like a standard client to me. You could run two VMs there as well. :)

I'd say you're looking at another ~10k ppd if you get those other VMs and GPU running... probably more! :)

Stats update this evening folks... almost half way home! :)

Stats Update!

Total Points: 17,862,025

Total Work Units: 31,985

Total PPD Increase: 103,897.9

Thanks again to everyone for participating!!! :beer: Go kick some MPC grass!!! :D

thfoldon.gif

@Roisen - just want to confirm what you're seeing here. Are you saying that you summed the number of units being shown in my last update?

If so, I'm not sure how you got 32025. I just re-summed them myself and my number is 31985 as I posted.

@Roisen - just want to confirm what you're seeing here. Are you saying that you summed the number of units being shown in my last update?

If so, I'm not sure how you got 32025. I just re-summed them myself and my number is 31985 as I posted.

It's completely possible that I made a mistake or two, I scrolled down the list and used windows calculator to add them all up. I was just trying to provide a rough estimate for those who wanted to calculate their current chance to win :beer:

edit: I didn't see that you included the totals in subsequent posts, I was only looking at the first one..

Last edited:
Back