• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$39 Shipped: Buffalo "Nfiniti" WHR-HP-G300N 802.11b/g/n (DD-WRT)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
For this price, it's not a bad idea. But, if your current router is working fine, then you could always hold off until later. If it's not broke...

;)

I have no idea why, but I switched my older Linksys WRT54G v.3 to this Buffalo and I went from 12mb to 18mb on Speedtest. My burst download speed went from 1.2MB to 2.0MB when downloading a file. I didn't think my old Wireless G router was that much of a limitation. My signal strength didn't go up either, I am still hovering around 50% signal strength. Both were DD-WRT flashed. The router is only 25 feet away in the adjacent room ( going through two thick walls ). I am thinking it is my wireless receiver that is giving me such low strength, but man... what a difference! This is only a wireless G card I am using too, so I am going from a G router to a mixed G/N signal and still just using G. Maybe the router just got slower over time. It feels nice to have a 50% speed increase for $40 though! ;)

Back