• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

40.41 dets cause BSOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lazerin

First BSOD in a long time

I had a good record going then I installed the drivers and I almost instantly got a crash. After folding for a bit, I decided to play GTA3 and got a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD.

This is definitely the 40.41s fault.

So users BEWARE

So what are you saying Gandalf? Are you saying that its the file nv4_disp.dll that causes the bsods?

Go to www.memtest86.com download their proggy, have a blank floppy handy, run the disk at the startup, not the HDD.

The program will extract it's own memory prog and begin to transfer files through the ram and huge ones too.

If you see errors your memory maybe the cause of this as well.

I was getting nv4_disp.dll errors until I reformatted and loaded from scratch. I finally figured out that the problem on my system was that when I updated drivers, I didn't clear the old ones out thoroughly enough and the multiple versions of some of the files caused crashes that showed up as nv4_disp.dll errors. So when I went to put in the 40.41s I uninstalled the drivers, uninstalled my card restarted my computer and loaded the new drivers from scratch. A week now and not one problem. (aside from the one locked screen when I overclocked the card too far;) ):cool:

Back