• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5930k OC/Temp help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XxBlOoDfAllsxX

I've seen many posts and other articles around the net stating people have their 5930k OC'd to 4.4-4.5ghz with an idle temp in the 24-29c range. I just built my new rig the other day, it consists of 5930k, MSI X99s Gaming 9 Mobo, H100i Extreme, 16GB G. Skill 3000mhz DDR4, GTX980 ACX 2.0 Superclocked, WD Black 2TB, Samsung 850 Pro 500GB, EVGA G2 850w PSU. I need to know whether or not my hardware needs replacing, or my settings are not correct to achieve those temps at those speeds. Currently I have my 5930k OC'd to 4.2ghz but it idles around 38-40c (and thats even with the side panel off because I was checking to make sure H100i was working properly), which is quite high since I am using a H100i extreme and Corsair link shows they are working. So if someone who has a 5930k OC'd to those low temps and maybe can give me their settings, or just help me achieve those I would greatly appreciate it.

P.S. Any other information you need, whether it is about my rig, pictures of Corsair Link, CPU-z, GPU-z...whatever the case may be, let me know and I'll provide that. CorsairLinkTemps.jpg

What is the best software to check my load temps? I would rather use something you suggest
Software for temps... Realtemp, and use the RealtempGT.exe file so you can see all cores. As far as stress test... AIDA64, Prime 95 (Small FFTs), etc...

As far as comparing to other's temps... that just is not possible. First, every CPU is different as far as the voltage needed for a given clockspeed. Second, ambient temperatures, you have no idea what your friends were. Third case airflow. And the biggest of all, properly mounting the H100i block and the thermal paste application. So let's forget about other people's temps and focus on your load temps and see what is shaking.

Last edited:
Back