• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[6700K] I have a problem overclocking the CPU, can you help me?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deved

So, the motherboard is an ASUS z170 pro. The CPU is a i7 6700K.
I'm trying to overclock, it should be easy, but in the bios I have 2 problems:
- there's no "manual" under Ai Overclock Tuner
- after having selected XMP under Ai Overclock tuner, I can't change the clock of the cores.

I've already tried googling my problem, but I couldn't manage to solve my problem.

So you have whatever is after 3504?

Can you post pictures of what you are talking about? I don't understand why it wouldnt have those options with an overclockable CPU. You are clicking on it and using the arrows to move through it, right? What options does it actually have?
Note you can take screenshots of the BIOS with a USB stick plugged in by pressing F12 or something (it will be listed in the BIOS). Then host the images here.

While you are at it, please post images of CPUz showing the first tab, and motherboard tab.

It's an H170 board that's likely why you don't have OC options

I'm sorry I've given wrong information in the first post, I was sure that the motherboard was a z170.

I use the pc for 4K video editing. Is it worth to upgrade my mothermoard to a z170?

Last edited:
Only if you plan on overclocking if not no need . I would do some research on if the program you use is helped (much) with overclocking .

I use Editing Edius 8 on Windows 10 pro.
Thank you, I really appreciate.

If you were to upgrade I would sell the processor and motherboard then upgrade to a 6 core i7 8700k with a Z370.

Back