• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Scythe Big Shuriken 3 Heatsink Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Scythe remains a household name in the air cooling segment of PC hardware due to their well-received heatsinks and fans over the years. Today, we have Scythe's Big Shuriken 3 which is a low profile cooler aimed at small form factor (SFF) builds and touts a "zero interference" claim for motherboard and RAM. Let's see how well it holds up against a test bed full of tower heatsinks and all-in-one liquid coolers.

Click here to view the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was testing this cooler some days ago on Ryzen 3600/3700X. I was surprised with performance as it beats some larger coolers and at the same time fits into small ITX cases.
I also liked how on a small ITX mobo I could easily replace memory kits without removing the cooler.
Pretty nice stuff for the price :)

Good to see they've improved on it - I had one of the earlier models on a Q9550 back in college that turned out to be a problem child. To be fair though I had it in a TT lanbox so it was fighting with the PSU for airflow.

reminds me of the noctua NH-C14 i put in my silverstone HTPC chassis.

no complaints there either been running a 3rd gen I5 in that system at 4.5ghz for years no noise and cool.

Nothing wrong with top down if done right.

Back