• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8500LE DualMonitor support?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

witchhunter

Registered
Can anyone comment.. I checke on ATI's site, they say 'Multi display support' under LEs and 'Multi-Monitor support' under classic 8500. This seemed clear, but GigaByte's site states, that all 8500 (128, 64, LEs) do have dual display... I'm getting one of those 8500, I need DualDisplay, and I would really much apreciate some addition ram on the card... for under $150

all 8500's have both a vga output and a digital output. some 8500s come bundled with a digital>vga adapter so you can run to monitors. or i suppose if you had a digital input on your flat panel monitor that would work too for a second display.

check if the card you wanna buy (gigabyte or whatever) comes with the digital to vga adapter. otherwise you can buy em on the net seperatly.

Yeah, sure you can attach 2 monitors(displays) at the same time, but I need to know whether it is possible to have the dektop extended onto the second monitor with HydraVision Support. So basically different display on each of the monitors...

i hate to make another thread b/c i have a semilar question. On a 8500 card u get a conector to convert the digital output to a regual monitor. and get 2 monitors right. well i have a LE model is there a way that i can have 2 monitors b/c i only have a t/v out and a monitor output could i get like a Y monitor cable?

If I understand correctly, and I'd like to think I am, You've got a D-SUB output, and an S-Video Out right? I haven't seen such a card, bu If you have one, then you probably could get a Y-splitter, but you'll get the same display on BOTH of the monitors. I was wondering about LEs with D-SUB, S-Video, and DVI output (digital), all on one card... Is independent display possible on both monitors at the same time?

witchhunter said:
If I understand correctly, and I'd like to think I am, You've got a D-SUB output, and an S-Video Out right? I haven't seen such a card, bu If you have one, then you probably could get a Y-splitter, but you'll get the same display on BOTH of the monitors. I was wondering about LEs with D-SUB, S-Video, and DVI output (digital), all on one card... Is independent display possible on both monitors at the same time?

http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?image=14-102-232-01.JPG/14-102-232-03.JPG/14-102-232-04.jpg

Back