• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800gt on a 250W PSU!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks deathman20 :)
and here we have a succesfull result! psu didnt heat up @ all either..
3dmark06stockkj2.jpg

im curious whats ur 3dmark06 score? :santa::santa::santa:

Its ~6100 with the settings in my sig. However I get slight artifacting at that memory speed in atitool. 3dmark runs ok though.

Still playing around with it.

I'm impressed, what make of PSU is that...nice setup BTW, you could put that in a backpack and travel to LAN parties with it...

I'm impressed, what make of PSU is that...nice setup BTW, you could put that in a backpack and travel to LAN parties with it...

the psu is the stock one, made by shuttle! and thanks..yeah i LOVE the tiny-ness power packed-ness of the thing..i dont go to lans but if i do this thing moves easy lol

we're talking about d94 here. if it's not like 90% off he won't touch it.

btw, is that peter in a whipped cream bikini? *shudder*

That looks like is in the Simpsons house with Stan with a macheddi behind him.

the psu is the stock one, made by shuttle! and thanks..yeah i LOVE the tiny-ness power packed-ness of the thing..i dont go to lans but if i do this thing moves easy lol

I figured this would work from the first post. There was already a VERY long post, later turned into a front page article here, about a guy running an 8800GTX on a 280 watt high efficiency power supply.

I've been running the setup in my sig since May with the 8800GTS and with my older video card for almost two years. I only get problems trying to overclock my video card once the CPU is at 3.74ghz or higher. But even 3.70 and clocking my GTS up to 640core 1100 memory my little bluestorm is able to get the job done.

I would imagine I wouldn't have too much trouble running a GTX.

I can't imagine what these people using 750 and 1000 watt PSUs are trying to run...

we're talking about d94 here. if it's not like 90% off he won't touch it.

btw, is that peter in a whipped cream bikini? *shudder*

yeah..i did pretty well on the prices ~ $235 for the 24" + $240 for the 8800GT

hehebz3.jpg

d94 - Can you hook me up on a similar deal on that 24"?

just use the coupon i posted in the cyber deals section, get yourself 5 ink carts and you'll be set :D
you do need to persuid them to apply the coupon by getting the maxxassurance, but you can return the maxxassurance later if you dont want it

Very Nice demonstration of some misconceptions about power supplies :). Im running a 8800GT on the stock PSU that comes with the Antec NSK-3840, a 380w PSU, I was going to get the 520w corsair but cheaped out after I read an article on how much power systems acutally draw. I forget where but it said something like 550w was enough for a sli and quad core setup <_< (yes, its true!).

Woot, a thread after my own heart. Ive been running OC'd systems on stock generic POS PSUs and -NEVER- had a problem. Everyone tells me generic psus are scary and have dirty power in them and they run at like 2% efficiency and run like 120C idle.

Ok, slightly over the top. But seriously, Ive never had a problem with a generic psu, and apparently neither did you :) WTG (Y).

Nice score... for a shuttle :p

just curious, how many amps on how many rails? my psu is a stock 300watt with only 18 amps so i dont know if it would work as well lol.

Back