• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800GTX BAKING AND NOTHING HAPPENS AT ALL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EddieExecutor

Hy there folks ....

I've got a 8800GTX and the problem appeared a few weeks ago when the GPU started to show some stripes on the screen while loading motherboard LOGO ... This is the only time STRIPES appear ...

After it goes over the LOGO it starts normaly, WIN 7 sign is nicely shown and if i have no DRIVERS installed it goes to deskop, shows nice picture and all.

Probem appears again when i install the drivers, no matter from NVIDIA or STOCK driver that WIN 7 finds.

In this case the computer reboots after driver install, shows strippes at logo screen, than goes normaly to the WIN 7 sign, but than it won't go to Welcome screen and crashes and reboots all the time ...

Can anyone help me fix this problem and if it's possible somehow ???...

I've baked it for 3 times now at 200°C from 8-10 min and NOTHNING HAPPENS ... SAME OLD CARD WITH STRIPES THAT DOESN'T WANT TO BOOT IN WINS !!!

SHOULD I TRY BAKING THE CARD AT HIGHER TEMP OR JUST LONGER TIME ???

HELP =)

Regards

EE

Try to enter Windows in safe mode or vga ( F8 while starting system ) and uninstall all nvidia drivers. Next check if system is booting without problems when there is only standard microsoft vga driver.
If it's fine then reinstall nvidia drivers and check if all is working. If not then try to bake card for about 2 mins longer. I had to keep my 9800GTX+ for about 12 mins.

Hm ... i've tryed all u've suggested ony +2 mins i didn't ... and tell me smthin' is it possible that my silicone thermal pads ( which are kinda damaged ) can couse this that memory on the card isn't cooled enough ????

I'll try to bake asap i come from work !!!

Hope i don't bake it fo real HEHE=)

Memory is not so hot to cause stripes on the screen while running any 3D mode on standard clocks. Count that 3D mode is also enabled while using web browser.
There is hope as long as you have stripes only on nvidia drivers. If it's happening in "DOS mode" then probably memory is damaged.

I said that part about deleting any drivers just because I had situation like that. Safe mode was fine. System without drivers was fine but with nvidia drivers were artifacts or driver was stopping to response. So I baked my card 2 more times while all I had to do was clean old/corrupted files.

This is how it goes ... as i've got the card from a friend and installed it at first nothing happend ... than i rebooted my comp and it showed stripes on the MOBO LOGO screen, after that it normaly shows comp specs in "DOS" mode (NO STRIPES ) ... Than it goes normaly further to the WINDOWS 7 sign, shows it normaly, gets into windows with a bit delay but i see the deskop with no stripes at all ... than, the windows installed VGA card, on first attempt the driver failed and wasnt installed ... than i installed NVidia drivers, same thing (failed) ... than i've baked the card for 8 mins FACEUP, same stripes in MB LOGO, all goes fine till windows installs VGA driver with success, tells me to reboot, after that i comes to the WIN 7 startup screen ( BEFORE WELCOME SCREEN ) and reboots continuously. Same thing happens if i install Nvidia drivers, the setup goes well, installs the card successfully but after reboot same thing ... crashes before blue welcome screen ...

Baked it 2 more times, 1x faceup and second time facedown ... 9-10 min ... same thing ...

Yup, memory on the card is fubar. The card is dated so I'm sure no RMA for you. You've already baked it 5x with no success. Best thing to do is give it a decent burial as it's gone. Time for a new video card.

Back