• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8945hs laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archer0915

"The Expert"
Has anyone seen one in the wild with the iGPU only? I need something to work with, it would only see light gaming. I need decent battery life, do not need add in GPU. It is a waste of money and what is the point in even having an iGPU if you have to get a discrete anyway?

And if one does not need it? 😂
You look harder or ask for help finding it. :rofl: :rock:

But being serious, many do have discrete graphics. Even the best integrated graphics from AMD (intel iGPU is garbo for gaming) on their APUs (including this chip you're looking at?), really can't game well at 1080p/60 FPS/ultra.

I'd stay away from 'gaming' laptops as those typically have a discrete card. =

You look harder or ask for help finding it. :rofl: :rock:

But being serious, many do have discrete graphics. Even the best integrated graphics from AMD (intel iGPU is garbo for gaming) on their APUs (including this chip you're looking at?), really can't game well at 1080p/60 FPS/ultra.

I'd stay away from 'gaming' laptops as those typically have a discrete card. =
Minecraft at most 😂 is all I do on a Laptop. I just need to run machines with the thing while streaming some video. I want snappy and no choking. About to add another machine and that means another CPU. I disable any of the extra thread BS. Cannot afford to mess something up.

I cannot find that for sale anywhere. Still trying the ASUS site.I found it, now looking for a buy link.

Curious....What does this mean? And why would you do that?
Because it makes me feel good. I do not want or need the HT stuff for what I do, Intel or AMD. I am not doing compute intensive tasks in my shop. And simply put, less room for error. I know it is mental but it is what it is.

Yeah, def. mental, lol. HT doesn't add instability and isn't more error-prone either (happy to be corrected... links?) for your work. It does save a bit on power and heat tho!

Post some pics when you pick it out!

Yeah, def. mental, lol. HT doesn't add instability and isn't more error-prone either (happy to be corrected... links?) for your work. It does save a bit on power and heat tho!

Post some pics when you pick it out!
Never said it was error prone. Just as prone as anything else. Just, more chances (2x) but if you do the math it really does not matter because you are running the same code on less threads. The error will still happen.

I know it is mental!!! 😋

If I can find one, I will post them. Bout to talk Myself out of it.

Last edited:
Doesn't Minecraft use a fair amount of GPU at this stage, or is it just the RT version? I would advise you to keep HT on, if nothing else for the better .01%/1%/minimum FPS, if you care about smooth gameplay, but honestly not sure how needed it is since I've seen them run flawlessly on $500 rigs 😋

Back