• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda3+ hitting 240?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Jarhead7236 said:
at 220 fsb, i get errors in memtest after 53 minutes (that's running the default tests)...i think it made 3 passes and that was it...at 225, i was getting errors in 5 minutes.....i can't get 3D01 or 03 to finish so i'm gonna go back to 200 for a while til i get some new ram....but, i can get into windows and surf, etc. at 230 which i was never able to do before....

That was a common situation with the NF7-S: could boot into Windows fine at 230-245 and seemed stable in 2D, but as soon as you run 3DMark, pops out instantly until I dropped down to 223. 3DMark2003 almost always passed. The 8RDA3+ I could boot 250 with PC4000 and I could show ya Sandra screenies of 3700+ buffered, but what's the point.

Are you sure your ram is stable at high fsb??? Granted, you have 2x256s and it's much easier there with CPC Enabled, but relaxing timings don't work if you have BH-5/6. With some ram, you can't just go by where Memtest #5/6 is clean.

The Ballistix PC4000 I have was Memtest clean at 244 and fine at 2D, but wouldn't clear all four 'Marks till 236. Good enough though as that's at 2.5-2-2-5.

the ram's got CH5 chips but i'm thinking of trying the samsung ram in my son's rig..it's got TCCC chips on it....i've had the CH5 ram stable at 222 before in my old nf7.....

Back