• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help troubleshooting 3D operation on my main rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Voodoo Rufus

Powder Junkie Moderator
Donnager is having some problems. Desktop use is fine. A couple months ago I fired up ARK and Expanse Telltale Games and played a while. Worked fine. A month later, fire up ARK again and the machine black screens and will not reboot without hitting the button. Stress test on other 3D things yields random black screen failure as well. I loaded ARK on my backup rig and it works fine, so it's not a game issue. Temperatures are not a problem, nor are drivers.

All I can think of is to work my way from easiest to hardest issues to eliminate: PCIE riser cable, PCIE power cables, PSU, and then the GPU itself. Open to other ideas.

It's a 5 year old Seasonic Titanium 1000W. I've lowered the PCIE speed to 3.0 from 4.0 to see if riser comm issues would be a thing and it made no difference. It would be odd for it to fail after testing good prior. But I don't know for sure.

Back