• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9500 pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have heard that OEM demand for the 9500 pro has been strong. It's also popular among enthusiasts like us. With its already agressive pricing, I doubt that price would drop much if at all in the next couple of months. It might drop $10 if more become widely available, but I can't imagine it dropping much more--even if Nvidia started selling the GF44600 for less (which isn't going to happen, imho).

brint said:
A quick question Ware can I get the newest BIOS driver for the ATI 9500PRO chip?? And Can you flash the ATI bios on a non ATI board. GX Gigabyte 9500PRO??

U can get the BIOS from HERE, and yes, the BIOS will work with 3rd party cards

brint said:

okay, how do I use the flash program? :eh?:

Its a very simple program...take a bootable floppy (u can make it by formatting a floppy, and clicking on "Copy system files"), the copy over the flash program and the BIOS version, boot it up, and type "atiflash -p 0 9500WARP.bin" to flash the BIOS

Follow these instructions to flash the bios, these are Warp's origional instructions:

After you boot your computer using the floppy, at the A:\ type:

atiflash -s 0 original.bin <---that is a zero not an 'o'
(THIS SAVES YOUR ORIGINAL BIOS)

atiflash -f -p 0 9500WARP.BIN <----that is a zero not an 'o'
(THIS FLASHES THE NEW ONE)

After the flash is complete, turn off your computer using the power button, not the reset button, wait a few seconds, and power back on.

It is VERY important to save the origional bios, because in case you mess up, your card can still be saved.

Thanks kiljaden5 and Evnas. You have been a great help!!
I hope that I can repay you some day.

Regards brint

Back