• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9500NP arrived and is now a 9700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wam said:
@ GravY

I came across a solution to keep the clock rates after reboot...

1. Delete the RadClock directory from "...Program Files\Radeon Omega Drivers" folder to uninstall the included Radclock utility.

2. Download and install RadClock (current version is 1.501)

- Install it to its default directory, not the location of the old app

thanks for the info.. :)

Be careful if you remove the shim as I've known people to damage their card by being a little too over zealous. Mine came off easy enough after a couple minutes with just a little prying on the one edge with a stanley knife.

np re the Radclock info, I live to serve. ;)

hmmm i was just thinking..... if a 9500 pro with 9700 pro clock rate isn't a 9700 pro, why does my card show up as a 9700 pro in every properties, system info, and programs i check?

torchedlh said:
hmmm i was just thinking..... if a 9500 pro with 9700 pro clock rate isn't a 9700 pro, why does my card show up as a 9700 pro in every properties, system info, and programs i check?

Its still only a 128bit memory bus, the name in the properties sheet means nothing. That can easily be changed in the videocard bios by altering the SSVID, or by simply editing the inf.

torchedlh said:

torch, the R9700 and R9500 both use the same chip. However, the R9500PRO sits on a PCB that only has a 128bit wide bus. There is simply no getting around it. It's not like you can enable them, they simply aren't on the PCB (Printed Circuit Board)

The only reason a R9500non-Pro can do the mod is b/c the R9500non-Pro uses the same PCB as an R9700 (many of them, anyway)

Since the R9500PRO has it's own PCB, no mod. Ever. Forget about it. It will ALWAYS have a 128bit wide DDR bus.

Only R9500non-pros that sit on an R9700PCB can be modded.

If your card is reading as an R9700, it's b/c it uses the same core. You still have only a 128 bit wide bus.....

i see... well thanks for clearing this up guys. i wish i woulda known this before i got the card. o well it's still a damn good card for the money.

Back