• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

960 EVO lives!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ihrsetrdr

Señor Senior Member
The Samsung 960 EVO that I bought [this thread] had "died" prematurely, about a year after purchase. At the time neither Windows nor Linux or the BIOS was detecting the drive, but something in the back of my mind prevented me from declaring it dead. I didn't have another NVME M.2 slot in any machine with which to test it, so I just removed it from my Dell laptop and set it aside. I bought it off ebay, but the sellers disappeared or was unable/unwilling to help with a manufacturer warranty claim.
Fast fwd to the present: I've been eyeballing the M.2 slot cover on my B560 for some time, thinking that I 'should' drop something in it for a boot drive. So I stuck the 960 EVO in it, and booted to the BIOS, and there it is...alive. I'll shut this machine down and unplug the present boot drive, and give this Samsung another shot at service.

Last edited:
I hope you got it for a good price. I paid $286 USD for a 500GB a Samsung 960 EVO for a computer I built in March 2017. It worked fine until replaced it three years later with a 2TB SSD. I still have the Samsung 960 EVO but only in an external enclosure.

Back