• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A bit too quiet in here???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MIAHALLEN

Hey guys. I'm trying to enjoy my vacation in Mexico right now....but it's tough when I don't have my beverage of choice close-by (LN2).

That being said....you guys don't seem to bee excited enough about this crazy opprotunity, I'm talking about everyone having unlimited cooling possibilities (well....budget limited would be more correct right? ;) ).

I have been in from time to time, but I have not been following the FW too closely, I hope things are going well, but you guys better not make me regret not playing this time. I'm not going to :blah: but you guys need to get your rears in gear and beat those punks at TRP :rock:

In the mean time....if you guys haven't already, form some sub-team leadership....some of you guys need to step up and push your sub-teams harder ;)

If anyone wants access to the spreadsheet I created last time, let me know, I'd be happy to let you use it as a template for tracking team progress for this last week of the competition! Get together and kick some TRP but :grouphug: :D

I bought a pot, it's dice time tonight :rock:
Already got a 72% OC bonus, i'm aiming for 100!

But yeah, it is awfully quiet.

That spreadsheet would be awesome to have public again... I will help update it if someone wants to let me in on that. It was always a nice comparison to have...

Or maybe have the sub team leaders update their respective sessions to make it easy...?

Come on guys, like little league... "a little chatta now..come on now 17, a little rip now.. little rip nooooooooooooowww!!!"

I just found out that they didn't have the right trans-fill adapter on the truck to fill up the 30L dewar I was going to use today. I should know later today if they will be able to fill it tomorrow. If they can't, I'll be stuck using dry ice instead. But I'm hoping to go for at least 5Ghz if not more on my E8400.

Oh, and Mia, do you have some time for some generalized OC help? My P55 board I just got doesn't have any IOH or ICH settings in it, and so I'm a little lost trying to use your guide.

Thanks!

I think it might just be that we have way fewer people posting scores this time and more people taking on multiple rigs. The fact that we only have two people for C-class really speaks volumes to our situation this warz. Some people haven't even posted lower scores yet which is really worrying me.

Btw miah, got 4.85ghz with the new chip on air :D

ok round 1 of ln2 in about an hour. First victim: lil rig (e class) got some prob this morning with the big rig hard drive died so dig another one from the closet and finishing installing oses right now. pot already on the board. Let's beat some hw! First impression of the Koolance pot... Don't like it! insulation is too big,and the contact area is WAY too big, making it really difficult to have a tight fit at the bottom for good board insulation, will see how it goes....

Last edited:
Me being quiet in here is a good thing. That means (if it's evening hrs est) I'm in the basement playing with my benching rig with no net connected. If I'm posting I am in the family room on the laptop.

Even though I supposedly downloaded the latest version of 03, a banner at Orb told me to dl a patch. We'll see if I can make 03 public in a few.

Back to the basement... ;)

I'll be doing that this weekend, but the significant other gets a little upset when I disappear on weeknights. In the mean time, I could use the exercise running up & down the basement steps. lol

I think Voidn and I were just a little post happy last warz going head to head... :D Speaking of... were's he at??? I know he was participating this time around...

I think Voidn and I were just a little post happy last warz going head to head... :D Speaking of... were's he at??? I know he was participating this time around...

B team just like last time (ux - a = a - b) :). If we loose its all your fault! jk :) Moo and Dejo are throwing some hefty scores and I got a new person best of 4734ghz. The other teams a lagging though:blah:

I'll be upping some higher 2d scores but my 3d is done. Cards wont go any higher. cpu isn't helping. tweaking doesn't do anything for 275gtx's......

B team just like last time (ux - a = a - b) :). If we loose its all your fault! jk :) Moo and Dejo are throwing some hefty scores and I got a new person best of 4734ghz. The other teams a lagging though:blah:

I'll be upping some higher 2d scores but my 3d is done. Cards wont go any higher. cpu isn't helping. tweaking doesn't do anything for 275gtx's......

LOD and drivers tweaked out? What are your affinity settings for 03 and 05?

Here is a link to my spreadsheet from last time guys....please feel free to save a copy and use it as you like....BUT PLEASE DO NOT EDIT THE ORIGINAL! Thanks
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnGjCqKIxEsNdGpQRzEtc3BQM09wT3JqVzZxcWxELWc&hl=en

torin3 said:
Oh, and Mia, do you have some time for some generalized OC help? My P55 board I just got doesn't have any IOH or ICH settings in it, and so I'm a little lost trying to use your guide.
Sure, what board do you have, and what CPU?
Also, if you could post a BIOS SS of the voltage settings you do have, it would be very helpful ;)
But, better to start a new thread, OK? :)

edit - uh, you're signed up to use an E8400 :confused:

Last edited:
Here is a link to my spreadsheet from last time guys....please feel free to save a copy and use it as you like....BUT PLEASE DO NOT EDIT THE ORIGINAL! Thanks
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnGjCqKIxEsNdGpQRzEtc3BQM09wT3JqVzZxcWxELWc&hl=en

Actually...looks like Kemikal is all over it already...here is the link to the new spreadsheet for these warz...thanks Kemikal :beer:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ah20Kpb_caKhdEptLXVlX1NCOTNPZGNpQ1BBcHVUeUE&hl=en

HAHA Miah, I just posted a new one. I worked on it last night and got it updated with this war's info.

*edit* I'm slow, got to talking to my boss about Camaros and what hes getting done this weekend to his...

Sure, what board do you have, and what CPU?
Also, if you could post a BIOS SS of the voltage settings you do have, it would be very helpful ;)
But, better to start a new thread, OK? :)

edit - uh, you're signed up to use an E8400 :confused:

Asus P7P55 WS and an i7-860. And it isn't FW related. I meant to PM you, but I saw you here first. I probably won't get to it until after I get my final FW scores today. I'll start a new thread in the intel MB section. Thanks!

LOD and drivers tweaked out? What are your affinity settings for 03 and 05?

My cards don't like LOD or D3D, scores shift up or down like ~200points. Affinity is usually just all 4 cores, HT off. I've set priority to high, killed explorer ect ect. And no improvement. tiny difference between win7 vs xp. I'll try some more drives on win 7 this weekend but so far no gains. I'm already like 5th on the bot so without ln2 and voltmods I think im stuck.

Back