• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A few questions for everyone whos interested...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IFMU

The Xtreme Senior Nobody
Ok, Im new here obviouslly, I use several other forums but none have been able or willing to answer these questions for me... Would be greatly appreciated if someone could give me a hand with these.
1: What ratio of water to water wetter in a water pump cooling system?
2: How good is it to use only the water block on the CPU to cool it? (without a peliter)
If anyone can answer these questions or even give me sites to read that have reviews or just ideas on any of this, would again be truely helpful... thanks ahead of time...
just a little info on the system I have,
AMD 1.2 T-bird (soon to be @ 1.513, maybe further)
30gig 7200rpm WD HDD
Antec 300W PSU
MSI K7T Turbo (MS-6330) mobo
Prophet II MX vid 32 on 19"view
Riva TNT 2 vid 32 on 15" view
Linksys Lan & Router
56x CDrom
Sony 12x8x32x CDRW
DVD 8x

I use 10% waterwetter, with 5% pump lubricant.
Water cooling without peltiers is common and works very efficiently. Keeps the temps very stable.

Pump Lubricant? uh... never heard of this? and thanks for the info otherwise..

1. Most people use between 5-10% Water Wetter with distilled water.
2. Most people use just the water block and get very good temps that way too. I would just use the block with Artic Silver for now and tinker with it for a while.

Welcome to the forums. We hope you are here to stay! You will find everyone more than willing to help here.

hehehe... LoL

This was my first post here Donny... LoL See here

Yea know, I never got an answer to what stool meant by pump lub.

Still dont get that.. lmfao!~!

can we say huge!~! bump?!

IFMU said:
hehehe... LoL

This was my first post here Donny... LoL See here

Yea know, I never got an answer to what stool meant by pump lub.

Still dont get that.. lmfao!~!

can we say huge!~! bump?!

1.5 year bump! w00r!

In an e-mail answering another member here, forgot who, but props to 'em!

The WaterWetter has very good compatibility with typical plastics and vinyl. The bottle is a pure vinyl and doesn't have any adverse or softening effect. The mixing proportions is about 1 ounce to a quart or 4 ounces to a gallon of distilled water. The corrosion protection is depleted with use, so I would recommend replenishing it on an annual basis.

Dave, Redline.

I've been unable to get my machinist pal to finish my peltier blocks, so I've only used waterblocks alone (except for a failed direct die experiment). Since my heater-core is in the basement under my desk, my proc is sitting at 26C now, 28~29C loaded. I use the in-socket thermister, so it's not way accurate, but the water is 5C below room temp when it gets to the proc. That much I can measure accurately.

The pump lube that stool mentioned might refer to waterpump lube you can get from the AutoZone. Personally, if it's a petroleum based product,I wouldn't try it, but since I've not used it in my rig, I can't say for sure what it'd do.

ps. I haven't been here a year, but I'm sorry it came so late.

Back