• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A "How-To" on Borging

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
EMIII has 2 options which CANNOT be used to close the console at stutdown:

Close EMIII at shutdown
Close console when exiting EMIII

Hideit can kill processes but not at shutdown. Besides I'm not sure that killing it is a good idea.

I thought there was a way to do this. Let me do some digging this afternoon and see if I/we can find/create a way to make this happen for those folders who run Win98.

DWolf:cool:

It'd be nice to get this goin for 98. My dad wont switch to 2k and I dont want him messing with it. Also I have another couple that I could do it on. Good Luck!!!

moz_21 said:
It'd be nice to get this goin for 98. My dad wont switch to 2k and I dont want him messing with it. Also I have another couple that I could do it on. Good Luck!!!

Too bad you couldn't set up a dual boot for him. Once he got used to w2k, he'd like it a lot better than 98.

He thinks he needs to use all of these games that were before 2k's time :rolleyes: Anyhow the hard drive's too small. Best thing I ever did though.

moz_21 said:
He thinks he needs to use all of these games that were before 2k's time :rolleyes: Anyhow the hard drive's too small. Best thing I ever did though.

It's just a matter of time until 98 self destructs. Maybe then...

It will die after a few years depending on what you run on it. Some friends of mine are just a few days away from loosing their 98se system. I warned them to start backing up immediatly and they are. If they had a faster box than a PII 233 & 3Gb HD, I'd of suggested w2k. 98se just can't protect itself as well as w2k does as over time gets corrupted.

What is the best way to remove the FAH Service? Kill the service and then remove the files that were installed in the F@H directory?

Thanks in advance,
RideGuy

Here is the deal guys, I cannot run the program as a service if I enable any flags (-advmethods –forceasm).

If I use an existing install and use the fah_service_installer to install my previous 3.25beta console app, everything works perfect.

UNTIL I add the reg settings to either "application" or "paramaters" into the registry.

Without -advmethods –forceasm in the paramaters key or "path/to/file" -advmethods –forceasm the client works fine, loads fahcore_78.exe and begins folding.
But if I modify any of the keys and add -advmethods –forceasm to them, all that the service starts up is fah3console.exe. It doesn't load the core and the program uses no cpu time. The program is on but it does nothing, and it doesn't write anything to the log file.

I've tried only used 1 key with both of them, using use_reg=on and off in the client.cfg, and pretty much tinkered with anything I can to no avail.

Whenever I delete the modifications to the reg key(s), the client starts fine and starts folding, but as soon as I add any of the keys to the reg it doesn't work.

Any idea's? This little dos window is annoying:(

I always have better luck setting up my clients first and then doing the service install on an existing installation.

i give this thread 5 stars for its excellence :D

btw, how does this work? sometimes when i do it it gives the stars, and sometimes it dosnet give any stars. does it need to be a "hot thread" for stars? or does it have to be stickied?

That, my friends, is huge! and i will now Borg every public comp i find! (of course with permission!) Muwhaha

Back