• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A new GCRD thread?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

David

Forums Super Moderator
The Folding @ Home thread in General Discussion is getting old - nearly 100 replies. How often is it that it is replaced?

If and when it is replaced I have been thinking about thread titles - something that entices users into the thread. eg:

"Want to help the world? Look here?"

"A great stability test and benchmark program - that can cure diseases!"

"Want to show off that new PC? Look here for a great suggestion on how to do that"

"Want to be THE number one? Read This!"

Just a few suggestions :)

Agreed! It's time for an "old with the old, in with the new" for that sticky andsomething that is a little more catchy to the eye for a thread title.:D

Fold on!

David said:

"Want to help the world? Look here?"

"A great stability test and benchmark program - that can cure diseases!"

I like both of these. The help the world one may be better though. We don't want people to just benchmark and quit ;)

That thread can be wiped. YMAN's original post is a good one though unless someone wants the responsibility of doing a new write up.
Change is coming but it's been a slow process. I just had some major site updates to get out of the way on my own site. You can't tell by looking but they're there and our team is getting some pimpage on the busiest pages I have. :)
We are working on some good things right now. Hopefully they can be accomplished soon.

Edit once again. I may be able to delete that although I haven't tried. and start over. Thoughts please about the first post.

edit- OK I'm an idiot. typos fixed

Last edited:
Just checked the folding forum - I like the new thread in GD :)

Did ya like the title? ;)
BTW Thanks for stickying the thread. I'm not sure who did it but I think it was Newbie_Doo. So thanks! Anyway. The new thread will serve us well if it is bumped every so often with some new and helpful info. I have another post to add to it, but will do that later. Time to head out and do a couple of things.

Back