• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A request from those who have lost someone.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpeeDj

Like myself, like Nedclocker, I am thinking of sitting down with Flash and making a video. What I would like to do is take images of those we lost and include a little header "In loving memory of ...." and include multiple images of them. So what I am requesting is images of your loved one let's say 2 - 5 (or as many as you want to supply) and a brief descriptor of date born to date passed on into heaven. Perhaps what ailed them, and their name of course.

If you could please do this for me I would appreciate it, digital format as big as you can I will do any image resizing that needs to be done. Thanks in advance for help with this guys.

[email protected] < Please mail them here zip, rar, tar, whatever format you choose, thanks!

J :cool:

I don't even dare go rummaging around for those pictures otherwise I'd wind up crying all week.

Like the thought though....

Cheers, Flix

That's precisely why Flix, I want to put a deeply personal spin on it, make it meaningful for both those of us that have lost someone and to show that side of it to those we are trying to so desperately recruit.

flixotide said:
I don't even dare go rummaging around for those pictures otherwise I'd wind up crying all week.

Like the thought though....

Cheers, Flix

I personally do not have any pictures to send in, but I do like the idea J. I for sure would include this if I could in my PM's to Folding Mentor assignments. I think it would be a good way to honor those we lost plus aid in recruiting new folders. :thup:

-0cer
:)

Wonderful idea! That would be very touching. We were thinking of doing something similiar for the For_Those_We_Lost subteam, but never got around to it.

Matt

I know you guys are reading it, I really could use the help, so far I have received no submissions :( Come on guys

I'll see if I can dig up some of my father SpeeDj. Hmm, how do I ask this? Death of loved ones is always difficult to talk about. Are you looking for a certain criteria in the passing? That doesn't sound good but leave it to me to ask questions the wrong way. :confused: My father passed from a disease called Scleroderma and lung cancer. My Aunt passed of brain cancer.
While I'd be willing to pass along pics of my father, I wouldn't want to do so with my aunt. While I am sure your tribute will be very dignified, I would want to make sure that all her family members would not object to her pictures on the web. I feel more comfortable making that decision about my father as I am his only living child.

I'll try to get some photo's of my father digitized to send to you. He died of methothylioma in 89. Yes it is hard to think about it but your cause is very nobel and outweighs any concerns I have for myself.

I personally have no reservations about this @ all. I have some of my grandfather in TIFF format that i am currently working on for a christmass present to the rest of the family. I have photos from my Grandfathers childhood all the way too his death. he died of Lung Cancer. I have to scan in some of my Grandmother (otherside of family) she did of ovarian (SP?) cancer. the one i want to share is her on the beach smileing from ear to ear, yet she has but maybe an inch of grey hair al over her head from the KEMO. I couldn't think of a better way to honor them and to continue there fight against these terrible monsters we call desiese. I am looking for my Grandpa's CD right now!

found them man. going to have to do several sends as i have a 5mb limit..will rar them to best fit
use them as you see fit. will scan in grandma tomarrow if I can remember

Tismedt said:
I'll try to get some photo's of my father digitized to send to you. He died of methothylioma in 89. Yes it is hard to think about it but your cause is very nobel and outweighs any concerns I have for myself.

I'm amazed pal.. I know I can't start looking for pictures.. I know I have a lot of B&W pics here and there... but there's no way in hades they'll ever see the light of day.

My old man has started digitizing photos from the negatives, but just looking at some of em makes my mind go off in the wrong direction.

I'm happy to have my parents all right, but a little brother that never really became and my grandma slowly decaying at a hospital that I can see from my apartment window... just too much to bear.
For 28 years now I have missed that little kid that never had a chance, and the grandma to whose funeral I was the only one crying, remember how she turned from a strong woman to practically skin and bones... man thats hard.

To me little brother and grandma...

Cheers, Flix

Back