• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7M266-D and Dual AX-7's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AudiMan

Anyone know if those will fit? I really need to reduce the noise on those three systems that are cramped together in the living room.

Dunno about the AX-7s, but...............

I had two SK6s which fit nicely in my A7M266-D. You can install quiet 80mm fans by simply installing them diagonally and using the standard fan clips. My two XP 1800+ CPUs were running at 1667 MHz with the cores at 1.87V and the max temp under load was 40C. You can pick up the SK6 for less than $25 a piece which is a steal.

I'd much rather use 8cm Fans though. Right now I am using a CAK38 by globalwin. Ity is fairly loud, but staying at 41 degrees full load @ 1.85 Vcore. At one point I had two generic HSF's with 8 cm fans. I am assuming that the AX-7's will fit.

Re: Dunno about the AX-7s, but...............

DaveB said:
I had two SK6s which fit nicely in my A7M266-D. You can install quiet 80mm fans by simply installing them diagonally and using the standard fan clips. My two XP 1800+ CPUs were running at 1667 MHz with the cores at 1.87V and the max temp under load was 40C. You can pick up the SK6 for less than $25 a piece which is a steal.

You can use 80mm (8cm) fans on the SK6.

Oh yeah, that's right,, aren't they mounted by those thin metal thingys?

My GlobalWin WBK38 has a 92mm fan on there held down like that.

Yes! And they come with two sizes, one for 20mm high fans and one for 25mm high fans.

You could pro'lly strap 80mm fans on your CAKs, I would imagine. I think their built the same as the FOP series (w/ the springy retention clips)

Well, I only have one CAK right now. I just want it to look good, instead of having two different types of HSF's on there.

Audiman,

they will fit. I had that on my A7M266-D last week with the 2 fans. I've been trying a few different setups, the AX-7 with the 80mm fans. One thing i didn't like about that setup is the fans are loud as heck. Sounds like a plane getting ready to take off.

Right now i'm trying a pair of Volcano-7's, just strapped them in last night so don't have much data on it yet.

those fans are pure performance, ive had my 68cfmer for 5 months, eventually youll get used to it, now i can sleep just 4 feet away from my comp
if you bought the ax7's with the 80mms, and you dont run them, you really shouldnt need those giant sinks, couple of standard volcanoes would due just fine

I just got one of my AX-7's in, and They seem better thaN the Alpha 8045 that I have!

Back