• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please review my build - Gaming i5 13600k.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I haven't googled it yet but don't display port cables have a chip in them?
Not sure...don't think so? But, another cable is also worth a shot, no doubt.
Post magically merged:

Also, when I describe this problem and talk about the bios phase, I also mean I don't see the splash screen or anything (aside from the split second chop) prior to the windows log in while on Display Port.
For giggles, try spamming TAB before/during POST to see if anything displays that way. To be clear, you can't smash delete and get into the BIOS, right?

I forgot to mention, I tried working through the menu while the issue was happening. Nothing jumped out at me.
Post magically merged:

I can smash delete and it will go into bios. You just can't see it with human eyes. I video recorded it with my cell phone and when it flashes for a millisecond, once every 5 seconds or so, I can see its in bios when you go to the video.

Updating my bios was the first thing I did when building the PC, after troubleshooting that I needed to use an HDMI to see anything.

Confirmation that it was the monitor though. The new monitor arrived. I am just getting to using it this morning but it displays BIOS and bios splash screens with the same Display Port cable without issue.

Back