• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7v Bleeping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sampott

Registered
HI IHAVE A ASUS A7V WHICH MY DAUGHTER USES, WELL HER FRIEND TURNED IT OFF AT THE PLUG WHILE IT WAS ON, KNOW IT WILL NOT WORK, WHEN IT IS TURNED ON ALL THAT HAPPENS IS THA IT MAKES A BLEEPING SOUND LIKE HIGH PITCH LOW PITCH HIGH PITCH LOW PITCH AND SO ON A BIT LIKE THE SIREN ON A FIRE ENGINE (NEE-NORR-NEE-NORR),ACCORDING TO THE MANUEL THIS MEANS NO DRAM INSTALLED OR DETECTED, SO PUT A STICK FROM MY PC BUT STILL THE SAME, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS
SPECS ARE :

DURON 650
256 PC100
4.3gb H/D
CREATIVE VOODOO BANCHEE
CREATIVE 36X CD-ROM

You might try to reseat the Video card. This happened to a friend once and it was a loose VC. If it is not seated good it wont boot and will beep a warning. She could have pulled it loose while in the back. especially if screw was missing or loose. Try that. Did you try RAM in another slot. Good luck!

heres the beep codes from an a7v-133 manual

one short beep=no error during post
long beeps in an endless loop=no Dram installed or detected
one long beep followed by three short beeps=video card not found or video card memory bad
high frequency beeps when system is working=CPU overheated or system running at a lower freqency

you didnt specify which a7v you have so i just guessed

still bleeping a7v

thanks for the replies, well have tried memory inall slots but get the same results, also tried the video card took it out and replaced it still no luck, could have a dead board ! the board is rev. 1.0
on another topic will be upgrading soon, at the monent have a abit kt7a, looking at buying a mobo with the kt400 chipset, any suggestions which is the best to buy

thanks

Found this awhile back and saved it in case I needed it...

Beep Codes:
No beep at all - this means your motherboard is dead, either due to a defective or underpowered power supply, poorly seated CPU or RAM, or a dead-on-arrival board
One beep - board is working fine
One long beep then machine shuts down - faulty, improperly installed or missing CPU
1 short(Beep) System booting is normally
2 short(Beep) CMOS setting error
1 long - 1 short(Beep) DRAM ERROR
1 long - 2 short(Beep) Display card or monitor connected error
1 long - 3 short(Beep) Keyboard Error
1 long - 9 short(Beep) ROM Error
Long(Beep) continuous DRAM isn't inserted correctly.
Short(Beep) continuous POWER supply has a problem

A two-tone siren, generally caused by overheating or out of specification voltages.

Four beeps then machine shuts down. This is because this version of the BIOS will shut down your machine if no fan tachometer signal is detected on the fan header. Make sure you attach a fan to the FAN1 or FAN4 header or clear CMOS to reset to default (no checking).

So, did this "friend" yank the plug out of the wall, or what??? I wouldn't think that would cause a problem, but anything is possible...Do you have access to another PSU to swap out and check to see if it is the problem???
Just taking a shot in the dark here...

Last edited:
thanks again well the friend switch it off at the plug, its the siren that i am getting when i turn on, took out the video card hard drive and put them in an old p2 266 all work fine, guess as iam upgrading mine i will use the bits out of mine for my daughter
thak again:eek:

That happened to me last night! I crashed real hard squealing comming from the speakers everything.......On reboot the same thing happned. I was pushing the clock to the limit trying to get more though. I had to clear cmos wait for a few minutes. No Go....I repeated the same thing this time with nothing in pci or agp slots......on reboot a go......i than put my pci and agp back in all good. I asked for it though in my case hee hee .......:D

well iwill try doing that but to clear the cmos do you just take out the battery? if it still dont work i will donate it to the local fire brigade as you suggested may be they will be able to make use of it!

take out the cmos battery....than youll see two pins next to the cmos battery. Ground these two pins together. First however unplug the power supply and turn the power switch off. Youll know youll cleared cmos as everything in bios will be back in the default settings.

Back