• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V133 Raid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jrbob

Hello all I hope you can help.
I just installed WIN XP on my computer and am using a raid config but windows is telling me that the drivers are nogood I cant seem to find anything on the ASUS web site for the Daid drivers or Bios. I you could point me to the right place to get this info it would put a smile on my face.:)

Well I gues what I need help with is flashing the FASTTRACK Bios
Does anyone know were to get the bios and utility to flash

I'm using an ASUS A7V133 with RAID 0 as well and am very satisfied with it. I'm dual booting 98SE/WIN 2K pro.

I'm not sure, but with XP being based on the NT kernel, just as WIN 2K, I would try the 2K drivers, the odds are very good that they will work.

My .02

Try going to Highpoint Technologies. They have the latest BIOS and drivers that are XP compatible. They are BETA in my understanding but I have used them and they do work.

If it's just a basic HPT370 RAID controller I see no reason why you couldn't flash the new BIOS and use the new drivers. They MUST be used together though.

I used them with my VP6 although they had to be modded into the VP6 BIOS itself (doesn't allow separate flashing of the HPT370 controller).

Jon said:
Try going to Highpoint Technologies. They have the latest BIOS and drivers that are XP compatible. They are BETA in my understanding but I have used them and they do work.

If it's just a basic HPT370 RAID controller I see no reason why you couldn't flash the new BIOS and use the new drivers. They MUST be used together though.

I used them with my VP6 although they had to be modded into the VP6 BIOS itself (doesn't allow separate flashing of the HPT370 controller).
NO, the A7V133 does not use the Highpoint controller, it uses a Promise Fastrack controller. I would not use those Drivers. The W2000 drivers for Fastrack should be fine.
Abb

Back