• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A8V Deluxe issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Smith2004

Hi, was wondering if you guys could give me a hand. This is happening out of the box I have done no overclocking.

Have:
Asus a8v deluxe motherboard, Came with bios version 1009
AMD 64 3500+ (new 512k cache Clawhammers)
1GB (2x512 mb) Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2PT
430 watt Antec PS
BFG 6800 GT (AGP)
SB Audigy 2
80 gig Raptor drive

-------------------
Basically what happens is it randomly decides to post sometimes. Other times i get "CPU failed CPU test" or "CPU failed due to overclocking" Sometimes I get video sometimes I don't.

Also sometimes it loads up and says CMOS checksum bad, I currently only have one stick of memory in, in slot b1 (tried it in every slot) and the video card connected.

When it does decide to turn on it won't stay on for long and it will shut off. I was thinking it might be a heat issue, I'm using the stock fan that came along with the CPU. I tried some AS5 on it to see if that would help the heat at all, still does the same thing.

Only one time (the first time i turned on the computer) was i able to boot off the windows xp cd, and was getting ready to install windows, then i forgot i needed the sata drivers on a floppy so i turned it off, after that its been doing this since.

Things I've tried:
Flashing up to a beta bios 1011
Resetting the BIOS
Taking everything apart and reseating it.
Tried Booting with only the CPU and motherboard
Tried to underclock the processor
Tried turning HT down to 800 and 200.

I'm sure I tried more stuff then just that to but I was up late last night working with that stuff and don't really remember. Any help would be very much appreciated

Thanks in advance.

Smth,

I pulled my hair out for several days when I first got this board. I discovered that one of my corsair sticks was bad and was causing all of my problems. Have you tried swapping each stick into b1 to see if that helps? Just a thought. If you can install the mem into another system enough to run memtest on it that may show the prob. Can you boot to floppy? If so use memtest86+ on a bootable floopy to check each stick of memory.

Welcome to the Forums Mate!!!

Looks like you may have done a bad flash. This is how I flashed my BIOS:-
1.Reset the CMOS Jumper
2.Take out the CMOS Battery
3.Wait for 5 min
4.Now you should have the default BIOS
5.Flash using AFUDOS.EXE (not ez flash) on a floppy.
I recommend step 5 because you seem to be having problems flashing from Windows.

The CPU Faild CPU test is quite disturbing. I would say this means the BIOS support isn't quite there for the 3500 Claws. Just wait for newer BIOS versions to accomodate that.

im running one of the "new" clawhammers caa2c 3500+ @ 2.805 11x255. on an A8V deluxe.

temps are 31-33 43- 47 load...running in raid on the promise controller but..i have one of the newer boards. came with 1010.003 bios and the 5.44 drivers. ( board dated jan 05 )

im loving it..i came from an ASUS K8NE-Deluxe and A64 3200 newcastle.

so far ive had zero stablilty or issues with this board.

Back