• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh! stupid gf2mx!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fireball****aka fireball_87

I woke up this morning, turned on my computer, booted to windows, and it promptly crashed(no surprise there :) ), but a soon as I rebooted it, it went into 640x480 and 16colers. the driver "isn't working" and the setting only now go up to 1024x768, 16 color, and 640x480, 16bit. I tried re-installing the driver to no avail. when I restart it does the same thing. in all the time I've used windows it's never done this after a re-boot. my system config is in my sig(the vid cars is a default clock speed).

Doesn't sound good... you'll need to fully uninstall the video card, shutdown, have windows 98 redetect it, then point it to the right drivers (the *.inf files)... if this doesn't work, you're about out of luck... if you have a second machine, this would be the time to swap the card into it...

Of course none of this is new to you, but then again these types of haults are new to anyone since they are the exception rather than rule, and getting around them is usually a real chore...

May even need to reinstall windows (eeks, that types as ugly as it sounds!!)...

Back