• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

About newegg's blue chieftec towers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tru2ya

I was just wondering if anyone knows if their all the same shades of blue. Because theres 2 different blues that i have seen. One with the usb fronts, psu, and clear fans and the other with the regular fans & no psu, but in the pictures it looks like the blues are different shades. I'm not sure if its just the different lighting. Also one in the description says dragon blue and the other says just blue, but both have the same model number/letters.

It will be the $65 and $79 one:

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?DEPA=&submit=Go&description=chieftec

Last edited:
I have the $65 one, the one with the side intake fan and no PSU or front USB. I think I bought it when it was like $58 or something.

Anyway, I really like it, great cooling. As far as color goes, its more of a dark blue, purpleish type color rather than blue. I think the color is actually pretty awesome.

Tru2ya said:
I was just wondering if anyone knows if their all the same shades of blue. Because theres 2 different blues that i have seen. One with the usb fronts, psu, and clear fans and the other with the regular fans & no psu, but in the pictures it looks like the blues are different shades. I'm not sure if its just the different lighting. Also one in the description says dragon blue and the other says just blue, but both have the same model number/letters.

It will be the $65 and $79 one:

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?DEPA=&submit=Go&description=chieftec

I have the dark blue case without the front USB or the fan on the removable panel (the $65). It is a dark blue, rich in color. It's nice. I think they are the same color and the lighting is making them look different.

BTW, my girlfriend has the green one. It is super cool.

Back