• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED about overclocking Athlon 64 X2 5000+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

medo_h_e

Hello all, i am new on overclocking and just want to over clock my CPU not to high-end but until to the safe area not to harm it
because i can't buy new one at this time so please help me
i noticed lags on new games specially ( NFS Rivals - B F 4 )

MY specs:
CPU
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5000+ 2.6
with stock fan cooler

RAM
2 GB Transcend 800

PSU
HEC 350 Watt

GPU
Sapphire 5670 HD 1GB

here is images :

Last edited:
Your problem with gaming isn't exactly all the processor.

Sapphire 5670 HD 1GB

This graphics card is the first major hold back for any newer game. The 1gb of vram isn't doing it justice not to mention the fact it is quite a small card from a gamers stand point.

Unfortunately, I would not recommend overclocking on this
PSU
HEC 350 Watt
This PSU is very small. I bet it already runs hot and is stressed enough as it is.

These are the 2 foremost things that stand out as to why you have laggy game play.

Your problem with gaming isn't exactly all the processor.

This graphics card is the first major hold back for any newer game. The 1gb of vram isn't doing it justice not to mention the fact it is quite a small card from a gamers stand point.

Unfortunately, I would not recommend overclocking on this This PSU is very small. I bet it already runs hot and is stressed enough as it is.

These are the 2 foremost things that stand out as to why you have laggy game play.

Yes, u r right about PSU when i put my hand i feel its hot
but if these new games run as on medium setting or low i notice a lag and when opening task manager i see CPU 100%
i thought it is a CPU problem

if i choosed CPU frequency to 210 and multiplier 13x
can it harm the CPU ? or effect PSU

BTW thanks for replying me

Athlon 64 x2 5000+ Non-BE is right there in that group of cpus to be overclocked at the link below.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=391768
Easy as 1, 2, 3, Overclocking the A64, Opteron, X2

Thanks for the link i will check

if i choosed CPU frequency to 210 and multiplier 13x = Try it and see. It would be much better to follow that linked tutorial and "know" how your system is going to respond and not just short cut to 210x13. However try it and see what result you get with "your" parts.
RGone...

Back