• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advanced planning of waterloop.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Noctua industrialPPC 2000RPM PWM
They come in both 120mm and 140mm so you can use the 120mm fans on your rads and 140mm for your other case fans.

Would it be beneficial to have the extra heat surface of 140mm rads? I picked the 120s specifically for fan options, but if those fans come in 140, why not get the bigger rads too, right?

Edit: These are the fans you were talking about, right?

Last edited:
Would it be beneficial to have the extra heat surface of 140mm rads? I picked the 120s specifically for fan options, but if those fans come in 140, why not get the bigger rads too, right?

Edit: These are the fans you were talking about, right?

That's them, but you can find them a good bit cheaper.

Yes, having the extra surface area would be beneficial for sure.

I'll do the final shopping around when I get ready to order the parts, I just want to know for sure what I'm looking for.

So, this is where I'm at right now:

Custom EK Supremacy CPU Block

2x EK Full Cover 980 GPU blocks with Backplates

Single Bay Res

MCP50X

Some 90* and Strait fittings

Tubing

A 140.3 XT45 and a 140.2 UT60

Some gaskets (still thinking 2 for the front and 1 for the top radiators)

8x Noctua fans

PWM Splitter

2 12" UV Light strips with a power adapter

I still need to figure out how many fittings I'll need, but that's the general idea so far.

Aren't there only 7 fan slots in the 750D?
If you only use 7 fans on the splitter, you can control the pump speed off the same splitter.

Aren't there only 7 fan slots in the 750D?
If you only use 7 fans on the splitter, you can control the pump speed off the same splitter.

Nope, it supports 8, 2 in front, 2 on bottom, 3 on top and one in the back.

I don't mind running the pump off a different header, the EXT6 has tons of them.

Nope, it supports 8, 2 in front, 2 on bottom, 3 on top and one in the back.

I don't mind running the pump off a different header, the EXT6 has tons of them.

Ah, I thought it was only one on the bottom.
You can definitely run the pump on a second PWM header, that way you can have it on a separate curve.

Single bay reses can be a real pain to bleed due to the thiness and how will you be filling it when it's in the bay? Got room for a double bay at least? Or get the res you can mount to the top of the pump. Swiftech res.

Your 90 deg fittings. These are much better they bend in all sorts of ways, they can be a 45, a straight, and a 90.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/bits...ree-compression-fitting-id-3-8-od-5-8-v3.html

Last edited:
Single bay reses can be a real pain to bleed due to the thiness and how will you be filling it when it's in the bay? Got room for a double bay at least? Or get the res you can mount to the top of the pump. Swiftech res.

Your 90 deg fittings. These are much better they bend in all sorts of ways, they can be a 45, a straight, and a 90.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/bits...ree-compression-fitting-id-3-8-od-5-8-v3.html

Well, I hadn't gotten to that part yet, but I have been brainstorming. My idea is, since the rad will already be at the top, and there will be a plug across from the line going to the res, that I would cut a hole just a little bigger than the plug in the top of the case, under the magnetic dust filter. I would get a long neck funnel, one long enough to reach into the return line, and fill from there.

BTW, I had to fix your link in my quote. The only issue with those is they're much more expensive, and I'm already topping out the $1000 mark.

Sorry, fixed link.

They are only 2.50 more each. Only need like 4-6 of them methinks. It's just $$ eh?

They were much less 6 years ago...... But PPC is silly expensive, good place tho.

Are you planning to tube between the GPU's or use an SLI block?

Sorry, fixed link.

They are only 2.50 more each. Only need like 4-6 of them methinks. It's just $$ eh?

They were much less 6 years ago...... But PPC is silly expensive, good place tho.

For some reason, PPC was telling me earlier that they were like $32, must have had 2 selected or something. I may use those, then.

I want to tube between the GPUs, I'm not a fan of the way the SLI blocks look, particularly when only distilled water is used. They look good with dyes, but this is going to be my daily driver, so none of that in here.

So, about my fill idea, will that work? I can't see why it wouldn't, so long as I pour slow, right?

Edit: Also, will I need any G1/4 caps? Like I said before, I don't want to be stuck without anything and end up waiting for parts.

Last edited:
Back