• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice needed for BSOD -- dam.sys does not load

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DBA

Registered
Hi All,

I would appreciate any suggestions that i could get to the following problem. Details below:

About a week ago i would get sudden freezes and reboots on my system which had been relatively stable. Always in the error log i would check and see that the below error would occur:
Event 7026
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) did not load:
dam

After a few days of fiddling with my system. I pulled out all of of my components (ram, ssd, heatsink, gpu) and have reseated them. I have also disconnected and reconnected my PSU connectors to the motherboard. After doing this, I still received the dam error which would freeze my computer. After receiving the error, I proceeded to run memtest thru a few passes (over 8 hours) without any errors. Additionally, I have done a clean install of Windows 10. However, the errors have still persisted. Below are my specs:

mb : Asrock x99x killers
Ram: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4
PSU: Be Quiet Dark Pro 10 1000W
CPU: I7 5930K
GPU: MSI 980 4GB
Mouse/Keyboard: Razer Deathwidow and death adder

Errors received:
Event 7026
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) did not load:
dam

Event 55
processor 0 in group 0 exposes the following power management capabilities
Idle State type : ACPI Idle C) States (2 State(S))

I'm out of things to try. I'm unable to boot into windows for more then 60 seconds. I have upgraded and downgraded my bios to a few different version and none have fixed the issue.
I've also checked my temps and voltages in the bios and everything appears to be stable.

Thanks,

DBA

The following is specifically for Windows 8 but the general principle is still valid:

http://www.solvusoft.com/en/files/b...indows-8-consumer-preview-iso-images/dam-sys/

"Why Do I Have SYS Errors?
SYS file errors are typically caused by faulty hardware or corrupt device driver files. Because of the importance of Dam.sys in the functionality of Windows 8 Consumer Preview ISO images and other Windows functions, any corruption or damage to this file can create critical system errors in the form of a "blue screen of death" (BSOD). Please see "Causes of Dam.sys Errors" below for more information."

Try booting into Windows safe mode to bypass device drivers. I'm guessing you have a buggy driver.

Are you using Killer LAN? That technology is problematic. I would remove the Killer LAN driver and use a generic one.

After that I would remove your video card and try running the onboard gpu to see if it fixes the issue. I would also remove any other unnecssary add on hardware components.

A free program called "Who Crashed" can help you pinpoint blue screen problems. But if you can only get into Windows for 60 seconds that would be a problem.

Thanks for the info. I followed the article outline.

I think I'll uninstall the Killer lan and will also remove the intel RST drivers. I'll instead use the Samsung which i haven't installed yet.

Back