• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice on a do it myself window.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigSmokey

I got Lucite high impact acrylic 3/32" for the window and I am thinking Ill use a jigsaw to cut the hole in the case. I got metal scroll blades (scroll = 1/2 the normal width, 18teeth/inch).

Im thinking Ill use some adhesive on the inside of the case to hold the window in which will mean I just have to cut a square out of acrylic. and rough edges wont matter.

Is there a walkthrough for this somewhere? I didnt find it so if you see it, please link it.

What do I cut the acrylic with?

What adhesive?

I cut my acrylic with my Dremel's cutting bit. Cutoff wheels suck for cutting acrylic...

A hacksaw might work too. Just keep in mind that power tools when run too fast tend to melt the acrylic more than cut it. And it makes a nasty burning smell...ick.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36996

in the Alternate Modding section.
As long as you are cutting straight lines, you can pick up an acrylic cutter for a couple of bucks at a home center. Makes cutting neat and easy. Just score and snap. As to adhesive I usually use a silicone adhesive. Works great and can be removed easuly with a razor blade id necessary.

Back