• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AGP in PCI mode? wtf

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cullam3n

I know there is a way to do that, but it says my AGP is in PCI mode. RivaTuner says that my AGP is disabled (even though it is set on 4x). wtf?

-PC

Iv'e seen this before on older AMD boards with Windows2K. I think the latest Via 4-in-1's fix this.

Not totaly sure though.

ninthebin said:
I think it means the aperture is set to lower than 16MB or something along them lines

Oh ok...so it's like the AGP card is recognized as a PCI card, now I (think) understand this :)

i believe there is some sort of setting in the bios that you select agp or pci, at least in my p4s533.

That's a completely different matter. The AGP/PCI BIOS setting controls which bus the system checks first when it looks for a video card.

Kenai said:
Iv'e seen this before on older AMD boards with Windows2K. I think the latest Via 4-in-1's fix this.

Not totaly sure though.

I'll try this tommorow.

I have changed my aperature size to all the different levels, so that's not it. In my motherboard, I have AGP selected. The only PCI card in my computer is my network card. I'll show you a pic tommorow after I reinstall Photoshop.

-PC

Yup, there is something wrong with your AGP driver, so reinstalling the newest 4in1 should fix your problem.

Back