• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AGP/PCI lock. Which boards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nightowl

Having just lost a hard drive to high pci bus speeds I am looking for a motherboard which supports the ability to lock my agp/pci buses at 66/33.

Do any of the boards that support the athlon XP chip temp sensor also have the locks?

I will be looking to put my XP2400, corsair XMS3200 RAM etc onto this board.

Thankyou

only nforce 2 boards, but not all so far only Asus, Leadtek andChaintech definetly have them as they have already been released and its been proven they do. Most other up and coming boards will have it however the epox board wont

I absolutely will not deny they all have an AGP lock, but I have yet to see a screen shot to show that they have a PCI lock as well. I know some people say PCI bus is always half the AGP speed. Following that logic, the EPoX nforce2 board would have a PCI lock, but an EPoX tech on AOA forums denied it having one, so...screenshots pleeeease!

As they say in the <* insert business *> "show'em if you got'em"

thats a good point even if it did not have a pci lock in the bios it may be running at half the agp, the epox tech wasn't a genius after all he didn't even know what dividor (if no pci lock) the board had, easily found using Sandra and looking at the PCI/AGP Bus info

so it IS confirmed asus has pci/agp lock? whats the fsb limit on the A7N8X?

200 with the original BIOS, but with a flash it's at 250, the only thing holding me back (other than money of course) is it only has 1.85v to CPU....If you have a mobile XP though that would be enough.

Back