• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Air Cooling and Modification of Lian Li PC-K9WX Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xioticin

I am looking to work in some better air cooling into my system and have run into some areas where I simply don't know which route to take. I have a Lian Li Lan ncool PC-K9WX and absolutely adore it. I have been completely satisfied with this purchase and upgrade. I would, however, like to improve some of my temps before upgrading some of the hardware next year.

What I would like from this thread:

Case fan recommendations
Current system cooling analysis (I can give temps)
Assistance on if I should or shouldn't go about replacing the dvd/cd bay with a 3rd front fan and help if I should.

I am really just looking to hash some of this out with people who have the know how. I can build them, but not much fabrication/modification in my experience.

I will be here checking up all day and even some tomorrow.

Two intakes and an exhaust should be fine for most setups. I don't know the specs of the stock fans, but maybe replacing them with some medium or high speed Yate Loons could net an increase. Other thing I can think of is replacing the top panel with fan holes/mesh.

Considered that. I can't seem to find a proper panel replacement for this specific case. I have google'd quite a bit to find some of these answers and have come back empty handed. I am resorting to asking on forums at this point. One top fan would increase efficiency quite a bit if I could locate a replacement.

Back