• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Air Cooling that is quite and effecient?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

9mmCensor

Disabled
I am looking for a HSF setup, that is quite but will still get me good temps. My specs are in my sig, and I plan on overclocking this system, but I want to get some better cooling on it. Unfortunately watercooling is not an option do to mobility and fiscal issues, and I also would like to keep the cost of the HS/F down, as much as possible (being a student leaves you broke).

There is a sale at SVC for a top rank heat sink, go to this post for the link and discount code that you enter at the end of the sale. If you know of a good fan that is quite or have one, then you should be set.

BTW are you overclocking your 2500 at all, if so how high did you get it?

I got just under 2Ghz, but that was unstable underload.

I also failed to mention that I am from Canada, so I would proboly cost a fourtune to ship from the USofA. Normally I get my computer gear from this store, Bigfoot

Is it okay to use the socket mounting system, or is bolt on better? I move my PC alot to LANs and stuff.

what I waould doo is get a good hs and slap a very low noised fan on it. better yet, duct cool air directly from outside onto the hs and quiet fan.

this is what I do with all my hs. I am currently in the process of moddin the fan on my vantec aeroflow cause I HATE noise

yeah, i would duct a fan to ur hsf, it really improves temps a lot heres a good way that i used, imrpoved around 5c depending on ur overall case air flow

1) Find an old crappy fan that doesnt push enough air, or even better, a broken one!

2) Cut out the plastic things holding the actual fan blades/bearings in, usually four little "rails", u can usually cut em out with a good pair of wire cutters (a new addition to my moding arsenal) and u should be left with a fan hub or casing, the plastic outer covering off the fan w/o the blades and motor

3) For better results, u can also sand down the jagged edges and make it more aerodynamic, which is what i did, i highly recommend this

4) Now cut the hole out above the hsf (remember measure twice, cut once), get a fan that blows air in a cone-type pattern (around 30-40 cfm), screw the fan casing u just cut and sanded onto the fan that your gonna duct, or tape it onto the fan and screw the mini duct onto the case side panel

5) Your cpu temps will now go down as much as 5C (mine did)
________
ANIME VID

Last edited:
Back