• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AK31 vmod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

2old4this

Registered
I'm all set to do the vmod described by Doctor, but don't have the elusive grabber. I have a small test clip from Radio Shack, but can't be 100% certain that it is not touching one of the adjacent legs on the IC. Do I risk major damage if it does? I have no way to get one of those pesky grabbers without buying $20 of stuff from his link, plus shipping. Anyone know of another clip or place to get the grabber where you don't have to spend so much for so little? Thanks

Yeah, well I've got 97 more to go. Doctor, did you know that you have to have made 100 posts to go to that link?
It's ok tho, I made my own mod kit, and it works ok. thanks for the instructions.

2old4this said:
Yeah, well I've got 97 more to go. Doctor, did you know that you have to have made 100 posts to go to that link?
It's ok tho, I made my own mod kit, and it works ok. thanks for the instructions.

Check your mail.

No problem. I am sure that it was an oversite and I left a note to the mods. It really is not like the buying and selling area as this is truly required to do any vmod rather than trying to sell your old cpu. I believe it is probably left over from the resent changes and just got overlooked. Ought to place that in the shuttle forum as this was a hot item and the pomonas can be a little difficult to get hold of. Took me a month to get them. Wish this guy was doing this then.:)

It is under classifieds and that is why you all can not get to it. I know you don't believe it now but you may in the future. This was done to protect many from scammers that were taking advantage of the members on this site. When you get to 100 posts then the area will be open to you too. This provides some level of protection to the forum members as all are required to partake and it is more difficult to drop in leave some bait and split.

Thanx Silver!

And for the rest of you that can't get to that link, here ya go:

Well...Here they are....
Complete Volt-Mod Kits!!!!!!

All joints are soldered and Heat-Shrunk to insure nothing shots out!

Well done and VERY professional looking...(Even If I do say myself.. )

500K Ohm Cermet 25 turn trimmers....infinate variability from 500K to 0 Ohms...

I have "Factory Set" all the trimmers to MAX for safety....

Just turn the small brass screw Counter-Clockwise to raise your V-Core.

REAL PAMONA SMD Grabbers.....(Yes the GOOD ONES)!

I have even installed a screw terminal for the case (Ground) screw.

I've found that putting this under a screw for a CD-rom or H/D works best!

I had 10 units total..and 3 are gone already!

I'm asking $10.00 U.S. each...Shipping included (USPS)

If the buyer wants UPS or Fed Ex...that will be added to the original $10.00 at their cost.

If these get sold...and people want more....I WILL re-order the components....and make more available!

I take Paypal if you prefer.

E-Mail me at [email protected]
Larry

:)

Doc

Back