• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alien Swarm (Steam)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Been playing for about 4 hours total now and it is a great game. However I can't see it become like a hardcore game like CSS or COD. To me I think it's just a great time killer for a few hours. Mind you it is free so I shouldn't be complaining at all. I would probably buy it too if there was a price tag to it.

I can't get this game to run. Each time I launch it, the game enters into what I guess is the initial loading screen and then dumps me to the windows desktop. I've deleted local game content and reinstalled the game, it still happens.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Edit: nevermind, now it works after a reboot. weird.

Last edited:
ok so 20 hours of play, and the 1 level pack that is included is now boring to me...

needs more levels asap.

for those needing more levels, if you're not satisfied with the hundreds of public made maps, there is a random map generator built into the SDK which works really quite well.... instructions on how to use it are here it's really simple to set up, and takes about 2 minutes

I have not played this in a few months. I should jump back in to check out the new maps.

Back